Another law bypassed

Another Legally correct but bollox judgement. However:

"A spokesman for Newcastle council said that the court’s decision to approve cremation buildings “of open-air design” was significant, but noted that the judgment had not considered “difficulties which may be thrown up by planning and public health legislation”. "

Something of a "phyrric" victory then........

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
it's not going to do you or anyone else any harm is it? (not unless you get thrown on the fire too.. ;) )

I cant see why anyone should have a problem with this IMHO.

Now this is the ignorant bigot in me but if that is his wish why can't his family ship him back to his cultural homeland where it can be done openly and freely? And I do mean openly.

I also hope that Newcastle council uphold the H&S regulations to the letter.

Bazzinho1977 said:
Gren said:
Whats next? sharia to become law

Will we ever be our own country again?
So a HINDU man wants to be burned when he dies in a room with an open roof - an act that does you no harm whatsoever.

And you link this in with your phobias about islamification?

You really are a cretin, aren't you?

He isnt being buried, he is being burnt on a pyre, something that this country stopped doing a long time ago and was made illegal a long time ago, the point being, it has been allowed, and as said, it is yet another one of this countries laws that is being tossed to the wind for the people who come here.

Integration or assimilation?

I know what it feels like, and it isnt very integrating to me.

So a link to for example sharia law being allowed is quite correct, it is another one of this countries laws, being brushed aside, just as, if and more likely when we allow sharia.

Cretin? pot and kettle.

@ Gren - I'll take your word that being cremated on an open air pyre is illegal, however the precedent for making cremation legal was when Jesus Christ Pryce was cremated in the open air - and his dad (Dr Pryce) sold tickets!

Gren said:
[]

He isnt being buried, he is being burnt on a pyre, something that this country stopped doing a long time ago and was made illegal a long time ago, the point being, it has been allowed, and as said, it is yet another one of this countries laws that is being tossed to the wind for the people who come here.
Total and narrow-minded Pish. A majority of people in this country are burnt rather than buried. The only issue here is the design of the kit that does the burning. If they can fight their way past HSE then fair play.

I thought you Neanderthals preferred eating your dead anyway ?

vvaannmmaann said:
Co2 and dioxins ?
As the fuel used is wood it will be far more carbon neutral than a conventional cremation which uses gas, and I would suspect the dioxin levels will be no greater. Also the chap has already bought the land well out of the city so less of a problem than crematoria in cities.

BrandySoured said:
Now this is the ignorant bigot in me but ....
Hopefully some Cnut will apply the same attitude to your next parking ticket, planning application etc etc.

FFS people, live and let live, What harm is this poor old sod doing, wanting to get burnt ?

Gren said:
Bazzinho1977 said:
Gren said:
Whats next? sharia to become law

Will we ever be our own country again?
So a HINDU man wants to be burned when he dies in a room with an open roof - an act that does you no harm whatsoever.

And you link this in with your phobias about islamification?

You really are a cretin, aren't you?

Integration or assimilation?

I know what it feels like, and it isnt very integrating to me.

So a link to for example sharia law being allowed is quite correct, it is another one of this countries laws, being brushed aside, just as, if and more likely when we allow sharia.

Cretin? pot and kettle.
Shhhh Gren. The Muslims hiding in your garden will hear you.

This country isn't having a law brushed aside. What has happened is a clarification of the existing law, because Newcastle City Council had read it one way, this Hindu chap read it another. So no new laws created, no old laws removed.

So you are talking out of your arrse. Unless you are suggesting that only christians should have access to the courts of law to argue their case perhaps? The courts have made their decision based on the law of 1902. Even Newcastle City Council have accepted the decison. If it had been on the basis of human rights or religious tolerance or some such rubbish - then you might have an argument. But it was clarifying good standing strong christian anglo-saxon victorian law.

P.S. By the way - you do realise that by saying that I am also a cretin (pot - kettle), you are accepting that you are indeed a cretin, don't you?

Not a problem with this at all, I feel the Sikhs have generally integrated into the community, not polarised themselves like some others.

I know that one of the new Temples in Birmingham has coffee shop and a hall which is open to all the community, for night classes etc. Some of their festivals/celebrations are also held in public; it helps others understand their views, and reduces marginalisation.

Good luck to him, the HSE thing is a load of bollox the council has been trying to hide behind.

WTF has Sharia law got to do with it, completely different religion?

saladin said:
BrandySoured said:
Now this is the ignorant bigot in me but ....
Hopefully some Cnut will apply the same attitude to your next parking ticket, planning application etc etc.

FFS people, live and let live, What harm is this poor old sod doing, wanting to get burnt ?
You would expect people to look at this logically and decide that it's fair enough. However, people are sick of having other cultures rammed down their throats whilst their own is eroded and criminalised and respond, as demonstrated in this thread, by turning on reasonble requests from anyone who isn't British (culturally, rather than legally).

You simply can't force 'integration', and this is the fall out if you try.

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
leveller said:
Not a problem with this at all, I feel the Sikhs have generally integrated into the community, not polarised themselves like some others.

I know that one of the new Temples in Birmingham has coffee shop and a hall which is open to all the community, for night classes etc. Some of their festivals/celebrations are also held in public; it helps others understand their views, and reduces marginalisation.
What, you mean it's being used in the same way as a Church Hall? Shock Horror!

Having been to a couple of Sikh Temples I can recommend then as nice clean places with cracking tea and snacks. I wouldn't press on the Sikh bit though - outdoor cremation seems to be with them more a cultural, than a religious issue (a bit like the wearing of Burqas and Chadors then. Good job there's nothing controversial there!)

Latest Threads