Another law bypassed

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Gren, Feb 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ive got no problem with that

he'll be dead - its his last wish

2. Another Legally correct but bollox judgement. However:

"A spokesman for Newcastle council said that the court’s decision to approve cremation buildings “of open-air design” was significant, but noted that the judgment had not considered “difficulties which may be thrown up by planning and public health legislation”. "

Something of a "phyrric" victory then........
  3. I wonder if his missus will commit sati ?
  4. Can't see an issue with it, it's effectively inside, merely with an opening in the roof. It seems the case only went on this long because of a misunderstanding that it would be literally in the open for all to see.
  5. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

it's not going to do you or anyone else any harm is it? (not unless you get thrown on the fire too.. ;) )

I cant see why anyone should have a problem with this IMHO.
  6. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Well, just as long as no-one attending smokes, so as not to cause a health hazard - can't have that, can we?
  7. So a HINDU man wants to be burned when he dies in a room with an open roof - an act that does you no harm whatsoever.

And you link this in with your phobias about islamification?

You really are a cretin, aren't you?
  8. Now this is the ignorant bigot in me but if that is his wish why can't his family ship him back to his cultural homeland where it can be done openly and freely? And I do mean openly.

I also hope that Newcastle council uphold the H&S regulations to the letter.

9. He isnt being buried, he is being burnt on a pyre, something that this country stopped doing a long time ago and was made illegal a long time ago, the point being, it has been allowed, and as said, it is yet another one of this countries laws that is being tossed to the wind for the people who come here.

Integration or assimilation?

I know what it feels like, and it isnt very integrating to me.

So a link to for example sharia law being allowed is quite correct, it is another one of this countries laws, being brushed aside, just as, if and more likely when we allow sharia.

Cretin? pot and kettle.
  10. Co2 and dioxins ?
  11. @ Gren - I'll take your word that being cremated on an open air pyre is illegal, however the precedent for making cremation legal was when Jesus Christ Pryce was cremated in the open air - and his dad (Dr Pryce) sold tickets!
  12. Total and narrow-minded Pish. A majority of people in this country are burnt rather than buried. The only issue here is the design of the kit that does the burning. If they can fight their way past HSE then fair play.

I thought you Neanderthals preferred eating your dead anyway ?
  13. As the fuel used is wood it will be far more carbon neutral than a conventional cremation which uses gas, and I would suspect the dioxin levels will be no greater. Also the chap has already bought the land well out of the city so less of a problem than crematoria in cities.