Another Labour MP facing charges

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by in_the_cheapseats, May 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Open source.

I'll be watching with interest.......
  2. The people of Barnsley must be so proud.

What a shame CPS couldn't make their minds up a few weeks ago. Probably wouldn't have changed the minds of Barnsley folk though.
  3. Couldn't having the fact that the man is a thief getting in the way of Mr Brown's atempts to cling to power could we?

To be honest, my pleasure at seeing another one of the thieves of Parliament facing justice is severly tempered by seeing how many of them are going to get away with it all.
  4. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

I suppose it is too much to hope that the new Chancellor will risk upsetting his friends by telling HMRC to come down hard on collecting tax on all expenses not wholly, necessarily and exclusively for Parliamentary business? For instance if the second home in London is used for any other business purpose, as a base for attending Board meetings for instance, then every bean claimed for it should be taxed. Going back six years as well. To say nothing of moats and duck houses. It's all Greek to me.