Another Killer Animal Story

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by jumpinjarhead, Jan 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just when I was trying to take Werewolf's advice to not feel too badly about the state of American society there is this:

Snake That Killed Fla. Girl Not Fed In Month

Of course it is the fault of the evil animal that must be put down for its viciousness.

2. And as for those bloody ducks.........

PHILADELPHIA — A Pennsylvania woman who claims Donald Duck groped her at Disney's Epcot theme park can have her day in court, a federal judge has ruled.

Disney must defend April Magolon's claims that the character grabbed her breast as she held her child at the Walt Disney World park and then joked about it.

Magolon, 27, of Upper Darby, claims the May 2008 encounter left her with post-traumatic stress in the form of nightmares, digestive problems and other permanent injuries.

Her lawsuit also charges that Disney parks have a history of fondling complaints involving workers, and that that Disney has "condoned" their actions, putting profits over public safety.

In court papers, the defense argued that Magolon sued the wrong Disney corporate entity, and asked the judge to dismiss the suit or move it to Florida, where the encounter took place.

But U.S. District Judge John R. Padova refused, saying Magolon can proceed in Pennsylvania.

"She, her fiance (who was a witness to the alleged assault), and her treating doctors are all located in Pennsylvania," Padova wrote in a Dec. 29 ruling.

Disney also has greater resources to try the case in Pennsylvania than Magolon does to try it in Florida, he said.

Magolon does not have a listed number, and lawyers for her and for Disney did not immediately return calls for comment Monday on the ruling.

According to Magolon's suit, authorities in Florida received 24 related complaints in the week after a Walt Disney World employee dressed as " Tigger" was charged with molesting a 13-year-old girl and her mother in 2004. At least some were deemed credible and investigated by police, the suit said.

The man playing "Tigger" was later acquitted of criminal wrongdoing, after his lawyer donned the Tigger costume in court and argued that his client couldn't see much.

On the flip side, a 60-year-old Pennsylvania man was convicted last year of groping a woman in a Minnie Mouse costume at Walt Disney World.

John William Moyer, of Cressona, insisted he was innocent. But a Florida judge sentenced him to probation, community service and $1,000 court costs for misdemeanor battery.

The victim said she had to do everything possible to keep Moyer's hands off her breasts.

3. A pity they can't put down the so-called parents.

4. At least you see the point. It escapes most here in such situations and it is the "'evil" animal that pays the ultimate price.

5. You have to question the intelligence of someone who would keep a "pet" like that in the same house as a child. Even if they were prepared to look after it properly, which they were clearly not doing.

6. If one surveys some slices of American society (I do not use the term "culture" anymore) you will perhpas notice some correlations as I have in this regard: reptiles and fighting breed dogs kept in inadequate circumstances (food, shelter, nurture) in close proximity to young children of varying if not questionable parentage, with a large pickup or "low rider" vehicle in the drive, crystal meth (often brewed in the kitchen with the kiddies within range of the usual explosions of toxic chemicals) or other drugs, alcoholism. All of this in public housing with a large plasma screen telly playing reality shows 24/7.

7. You will find a similar underclass in most First World countries including, of course, the UK. Here, the combat indicators, so to speak would be: a large family where no one works. Both parents - I use the term loosely - will claim benefits, one reason for a large family. The more children, the bigger the house and the higher the benefits. There is a good chance that the children will not all have the same father.

Almost every member of the family will be unfit, overweight and unhealthy. Indeed, the patriarch will usually claim to be suffering from "stress/depression" or a "bad back" as these are the most difficult to disprove. An alternative route is for the man to claim he is a full time carer for his partner who suffers from some long term, debilitating illness. Which, curiously, does not prevent her from becoming pregnant on a regular basis...

Inspite of never working, the family will always be able to afford those all important basics: wide screen TVs, computers/phones for all the kids, foreign holidays, booze, drugs etc. The children will be taught that they have no responsibility except to their own self-gratification. Working for a living and obeying the Law is for "suckers".

As to dogs; it is now a trend among the underclass to use dogs, expecially Pit Bulls, as weapons. This is because the scum know that if caught they will receive a lighter sentence for setting a dog on their victim than for shooting or stabbing him. And who cares if the dog is put down? They can always buy another...

8. Amazing the similiarities--I must recalibrate my mantra that comparisons between the US and UK are usually wrong. One minor point is that my impression is that our US versions are actually such cowards or otherwise lacking in confidence that they usually have such dogs snakes, tattoos, trucks, harleys, beer bellies etc. etc. to somehow (in their own pea brains) make their owners "look" like they are really tough.

9. It had to be the snake at fault, after all, it had escaped from it's tank ten times since it's last meal, that points to an evil snake looking for easy prey. The good and decent parents kept putting it back, that proves how kind they are.

10. Same here. Indeed, the fashion for large, aggressive(if not correctly trained and socialized)dogs started as an attempt to look "hard". Later the scum discovered that the dogs could be used as weapons. Or used in dog fighting shows for cash. Much easier than working for a living.

11. That's why I'd put the owner down and send the animal to a sanctuary. Owners estate to pay for the upkeep of critter.

12. After the Glorious Revolution, I'm changing the RSPCA into an armed paramilitary force, with sweeping powers. Up to and including summary execution of those found to be abusing animals.

I'll put your name down for CO.

13. Naturally. It would have been better off strangling the parents though, enough there for six months.

14. Sadly it has been long suspected that the overwhelming majority of human deaths and injury have been caused by incredibly stupid actions of humans just read the Darwin awards for a few crackers like this one 1996 Darwin Award: Playing with Cats

Some people just can't respect animals for what they are and look on them like toys.
    People should not be allowed to keep creatures like that as pets in the first place.

15. I think the point is that at eight feet long it could not possibly ingest either adult so the two year old was the only available 'meal'. It reminds me of a case a year or two back when an English girl took her pet python to the vet because it hadn't been eating and spent most of the time stretched out on her bed. Turned out that it was starving itself and sizing her up at the same time, poor girl, apparently she loved this snake.

I also notice that the US snake was 'white' and wondered whether this might have had any bearing on the case? No mention is made as to the ethnicity of either parent or child.