Another JPA con

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Joe_Squad, Nov 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Isn't it about time the powers that be updated the Pound/Euro exchange rate used on JPA for claims?

I've just been paid £25 LESS than I actually paid on my credit card, due to the exchange rate still remaining at very old rates!!!

(we claim using receipts for 'ACTUALS' but don't get the 'ACTUAL' amount paid back????) :evil: :evil:

2. same thing happened to me got out a copy of 752 and informed pay staff that I could claim the difference with the credit card expenses option on jpa.

You get to teach admin staff something new every day with this system. Shame they aren't needed anymore eh????

3. I have seen this b4, we bumped up the amount to reflect what was shown on the statement, so when it came to audit the pound figures matched

4. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Go on admit it, you are a bit of a twat!

5. More than admit it, I aspire to be it!!!!!!

Just helping another one of the HR victims out, shame people don't remember it's a claim for actual expenses not a perk!!!

6. I have had this a few times with foreign currencies. Just wait till you get your credit/debit card statement and then use the exchange rate that you actualy got. there is an option for exchange rate differences in JPA. A real pain but it does work, just work out the difference between theirs and yours. No one has queried it YET!

7. IIRC, there is the option to claim in either GBP (Sterling) or the foreign currency used. All you have to do is claim in GBP, using both your receipt and credit card statement as proof.

8. Submitted claim for foreign exchange rate differences. Thanks for the tip chaps :)

9. I hope you have entered this on your "Employee Preferences", "Career Aspirations"

PW

10. V8 of JPA has sorted this out, there is a fix for converting currency correctly, all the changes have been released on an Op Bulletin.

Regards

LJS

11. I would, however, because I'm such a TW@, I decided to put down for the Gucci stuff instead. And my aspirations are shall we say just an aspiration.

Have a good evening and thanks for the advice.

12. The way it's going by the time JPA is replaced it will be a half decent system - sounds familiar!!

PW

13. Ahhhhh, UNIMONG and PAMPAS, just as they get it right, well, the rest is history.

LJS