Another innocent tree takes the fall.

As mentioned maybe they were flung out of the vehicle - I've seen a couple of those, one of the 'best' was a drink driver in Cyprus - hit a very sturdy object and went through the windscreen coming to rest a short distance from the vehicle, he came away from that with no serious injuries. The car was fucked, even by Cypriot standards.

Depends who was first on scene and if it was deemed necessary to get them out without C-spine control to carry out effective resus.
They may have been dragged out by well meaning passers by, or got out themselves before 'succumbing to their injuries'
I've seen people with fatal injuries walk away from the scene of an accident. Bikers mostly but that's largely my sample group.

ACAB

LE
I've seen people with fatal injuries walk away from the scene of an accident. Bikers mostly but that's largely my sample group.
I've seen the front seat passenger of a stolen vehicle run up the road before realising he had broken his ankle.

Adrenaline eh???

As mentioned maybe they were flung out of the vehicle - I've seen a couple of those, one of the 'best' was a drink driver in Cyprus - hit a very sturdy object and went through the windscreen coming to rest a short distance from the vehicle, he came away from that with no serious injuries. The car was fucked, even by Cypriot standards.

Depends who was first on scene and if it was deemed necessary to get them out without C-spine control to carry out effective resus.
They may have been dragged out by well meaning passers by, or got out themselves before 'succumbing to their injuries'
The taxi drivers in Tenerife used to get pìssed and drive down the mountains, not using the road.

It was quite common to see the remains of a vehicle many feet down, only to be told "that's Manuel's car, he's fine".

I met one erstwhile automotive mountain aviator who was limping and obviously in pain, but otherwise fine.

Eventually the Policia had a crackdown. This meant that instead of mangled taxis halfway down the mountain, it was police cars.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
The taxi drivers in Tenerife used to get pìssed and drive down the mountains, not using the road.

It was quite common to see the remains of a vehicle many feet down, only to be told "that's Manuel's car, he's fine".

I met one erstwhile automotive mountain aviator who was limping and obviously in pain, but otherwise fine.

Eventually the Policia had a crackdown. This meant that instead of mangled taxis halfway down the mountain, it was police cars.

the WRC came over to Cyprus for a special leg, the Akrotiri Motocycle club were asked to provide people to be marshals. I think there was a tiny amount of money for doing it and access to some massive party at the end (which I had to miss due to an exercise)
When we drove the route a few days before hand there were a lot of rental cars parked in bushes, part way down the hill side, in trees and crumped into boulders. none of this was, of course, the teams getting to know the route early, oh no, cos apparently that's not allowed. well not in their race cars.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Hey shoot an animal and see how long they try to survive. Bikers are humans too :)
The Mong on the 125 with no silencer that wakes me up every morning isnt human
although this last week its been a bit quite, perhaps his use of a registration place for a high end motor car might have caught up with him
Oh and the Video and Stills and records of his route I provided the Police with ( saves Petrol you see )

chimera

LE

bentobox

Old-Salt
I don't know if the plant (pictured below) was outside or inside the library

_121114088_mediaitem121113967.jpg
There are other ways to return an overdue book.....

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

Two teenagers died when a car with six people in it crashed into a tree.
An 18-year-old woman and a 19-year-old man were pronounced dead at the scene after police were called to Perham Down Road in Tidworth, Wiltshire, at about 10:00 BST on Friday.

Londo

LE

Two teenagers died when a car with six people in it crashed into a tree.
An 18-year-old woman and a 19-year-old man were pronounced dead at the scene after police were called to Perham Down Road in Tidworth, Wiltshire, at about 10:00 BST on Friday.
From other reports some of those in the car are thought to be military .

TamH70

MIA
From other reports some of those in the car are thought to be military .

Given the location, (Tidworth), you could be right about that.

Latest Threads