another honour goes un noticed, Leslie Philips CBE

Good on him.

I always liked him, in fact when "the Cad" is beeing a bit of a tw*t I see his avatar and forgive him instantly.

:)

Ding . . . . . . . dong!!

;)

eveyoz said:
Good on him.

I always liked him, in fact when "the Cad" is beeing a bit of a tw*t I see his avatar and forgive him instantly.

;)
I thought "The Cad's" avatar was actually Terry Thomas?

Good on you Leslie, you deserved a gong years ago.

to further lads
he did already have the OBE but has been confirmed as CBE this time around, he was a young officer in the artillery who later transferred into Durham light only to be a subsequent med out due to "shell shock" sounds all too familiar these days

Ding Gong!

It had to be done, Bob, it had to be done.

Well i say..

Interesting Wiki extract:

...Due to his upper-crust accent, Phillips was selected for officer training at Catterick and duly commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the Royal Artillery in 1943. He transferred to the Durham Light Infantry in January 1944. Sadly Phillips was declared unfit for service after undergoing what appears to be a mental and emotional breakdown, and treated in a psychiatric hospital.

Demobbed as a Lieutenant in December 1944, Phillips' acting career initially took in 'the murkiest rat-infested old playhouses and music halls in the North of England'...
Was an upper-crust accent all it took? I say, steady on old boy...

I'm outraged!

"left hand down a bit " God bless him , I remember listening on the SW world service repeats of the Navy lark , I was 28 before I realised what the inuendo meant.

WW

wheelchairwarrier said:
"left hand down a bit " God bless him , I remember listening on the SW world service repeats of the Navy lark , I was 28 before I realised what the inuendo meant.

WW
I always thought an innuendo was an Italian suppository...

Henry_Tombs said:
eveyoz said:
Good on him.

;)
I thought "The Cad's" avatar was actually Terry Thomas?
You're right, ignore me I was drunk on too many tinnies.

What a m*ng :oops: