Another gun query - looks a bit tasty...

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Bravo_Bravo, Jan 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone seen one of these? Looks to pack a mean punch; grenade launcher OVER the barrel; little missiles too, AND the trigger group would appear tom double up as a detatchable pistol... also an integral bipod - have they thought of EVERYTHING?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][/url][/img]

2. Good review of it here

3. Does it have a bayonet?

4. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

You totally ruined that, I was half biting :wink:

5. I had one of those as a kid :D

6. The trigger group for the rifle is further forward.

I had one, but it needed further development. Range was limited - it was OK for room clearing, but that was about all. Similarly, the range of the grenade and missiles left the firer in the blast area.

Ammunition was hard to come by. Once you'd used up your 10 rds, that was it - you couldn't get a replen. Plenty of ammo was available for the pistol, though - and it was a 100 round mag.

7. Not as good as the belt fed nerf foam dart guns with tripod !

8. A good feature was that you could remove the butt (they called it a stock) and fit it onto the pistol for improved accuracy. Removing the butt also increased the range of the missiles and the grenade when fired in "mortar" mode, but not by much.

9. Your pic is of the L1A3. Mine was the L1A1. So range might have been improved by then.

Edited:

The top pic is the L1A3. The bottom pic is the L1A1.

10. I had one of these, the only one on the estate, it made me the man I am today.

11. Me too, then I progressed to a gat

12. Another problem with it was that when you were attacking the enemy, you had to rely on them throwing the projectiles back before you could go on with the final assault.

13. Is there a left hand firers version???

If not, I'll have to write to Soldier magazine.

14. Funnily enough, it's probably best suited to left-handed firers. Just like the SA80 (apart from the ejection).