Another Football Manager Sacked

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by The_IRON, Dec 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just seen that Brian Laws of Sheffield Wednesdays been sacked as manager due to their poor recent form. A great manager when he was at Scunthorpe United but has not been given the financial support he needed for Wednesday IMHO. Whats the views of any Wednesday fans out there and do clubs expect too much from managers without any finacial backing even if they were once a big club in the top flight.
  2. Couple sat behind me on the bus earlier were going on about it. Bloke thinks it was the right decision for Laws to leave, whilst the woman kept going on about how quickly manager's are judged these days. I reckon it was the right decision (no, I'm not an Owl) but Wednesday in the relegation places isn't good. They might not have the capability to challenge for promotion, but I don't think they deserve to be fighting for survival.
  3. 3 years 150+ games going backwards on the field yes it was a time for change. If he'd had the funds earlier he may well have done better. But he knew the challenge when he took the job.

4. Got to agree with both posts above, 3 years is enough time to try and do things but still think that the Owls believe themselves to be a BIG team but without the finances to back it up. I hope Brian Laws finds himself another managers job in football as I still think he is an excellent bloke who gets the team working well together.