Another first for the .280

ugly

LE
Just had a very interesting phone call from Surrey and Sussex management (a very nice and knowledgeable chap) who discussing the grant of my variation to move the .280 onto my personal FAC was enquiring to the exact cartridge dimensions and was it obsolete (again) or a wildcat.
They have searched the existing ammo database and cant find 7mm Mk1z or 7 x 43 or .280 or even .280/30 so what did I want to call it. In the end after a good discussion we settled on the proof house stamping which is what the dies are known as of .280/30 British.
Begs to wonder what Clayp1g registered his as in his county as that happened over a year ago!
Hmm, I even entered it onto his fac!
Still he seemed a nice chap and is keen to have a go sometime soon!

What does your Register say it was?

ugly

LE
Actually its .280 British which is immaterial really. I have had to write both interpretations of the .30/55 -7.62x55 on my personal fac as the proof house didn't stamp what I wanted despite being told the calibre. Never mind the RFD was ok with it as were Sussex.

Legally or what was on his fac?
Thinking more on what you put it down in Part 4 of your Register. I'm not doubting nobody isn't satisfied, more answering your query as to what may be on Clayp1g's cert:
The quantities and description of firearms and ammunition sold or transferred with the names and addresses of the purchasers or transferees and (except in cases where the purchaser or transferee is a registered dealer) the areas in which the firearm certificates were issued, and the dates of the several transactions

ugly

LE
Actually looking back I would have put whatever his force had as long as it was recognisable as the intended chambering. There was a time that 5.56 on your ticket would get you into bother if you bought .223. Luckily we seem to have grown up a bit and certain people have been retired a long time.

Actually looking back I would have put whatever his force had as long as it was recognisable as the intended chambering. There was a time that 5.56 on your ticket would get you into bother if you bought .223. Luckily we seem to have grown up a bit and certain people have been retired a long time.
'Welease Bwian'?

Just had a very interesting phone call from Surrey and Sussex management (a very nice and knowledgeable chap) who discussing the grant of my variation to move the .280 onto my personal FAC was enquiring to the exact cartridge dimensions and was it obsolete (again) or a wildcat.
They have searched the existing ammo database and cant find 7mm Mk1z or 7 x 43 or .280 or even .280/30 so what did I want to call it. In the end after a good discussion we settled on the proof house stamping which is what the dies are known as of .280/30 British.
Begs to wonder what Clayp1g registered his as in his county as that happened over a year ago!
5BFF0429-2566-4E43-92E9-E193DDB9D54E.jpeg