Another example of Respect

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by 2brite2commission, Sep 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For those who have not already come across it here is another example of bureaucracy and H&S trampling over respect and common sense.

Click Click
  2. This is my home area, I saw this earlier in th Echo. Completely barmy. Someone just made the comment 'suppose someone were to trip up and fall onto a gravestone?'. Using the same rationale all gravestones should be removed as a precautionary measure.
  3. FFS... who are these cnuts?
  4. I have had a look at the posts on the website under the story. Unless they are all ex/current serving does this mean that there may be member of the civilian population who also object to job's worths?
  5. When you apply for a plot in a churchyard you agree to be bound by the terms. These will cover the shape, size and nature of memorials etc. Without them it would be free for all and heaven knows what they would look like. A little leeway and sympathy should have been applied here, but it cannot be one rule for one section of society and one rule for another-perhaps the extra memorials were obstructing a path-plenty of partially sighted and semi-mobie folk found in churchyards.
  6. Well you say that, but I'm sure a council somewhere did just that. A couple of headstones became loose and one toppled over. The council in their wisdom knocked all of them all over. See if I can find a link.

Edited to add link
  7. When will Health and Safety be applied to the Army?

I mean, going to Iraq and Afghanistan is a little dangerous as I'm sure the inceasing number of widows will tell you and yet troops are still being sent there.
  9. I think it is ludicrous myself, it does make you wonder though, these ornaments are placed on the plot that you bought, why are people walking on the gravestones in the first place.
  10. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

You have had the TRAINING, haven't you........ :roll:
  11. Its not the church's fault. If one scabby ******** gets pished up one night and "injures" himslef on something he will try and sue the council for a million, and given the waythese things go today he'll win.

Its a sad fact that we are becomeing a litigation culture. When I worked at a hospital a few years ago there was a huge sign outside A&E for one of those ambulance chasing law firms. The moment you have any sort of accident you can try and claim of someone, and often win.
  12. Okay, what would you say to windchimes in trees, such as in the photo, or plastic windmills planted around the gravestone?

13. "Ooo, you'll 'ave someone's eye out with that..."
  14. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Interesting statistic for everone

The probability of dieing from natural causes varies from 1:100 to 1:10,000 (per year) depending on your age. H&S usually work on 1:1,000,000 (per year) as a safe level, so being alive is at least 100 times more dangerous than H&S allows.'s a dangerous world we live in.

15. I presume it maxes out at a 1:1 at some 'later' stage..??..