Another cr@p weekend...

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Bravo_Bravo, Apr 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ... I don't think.

Thetford, FOB exercise with Multiple patrolling, suspect IEDs so the 4Cs tested; CTRs, G2, advance to contact and a battle.

Arived friday night; sleep in one of the old buildings. UP at a reasonable hour; lessons, rehearsals, and a dry patrol. Friendly forces found the suspect IED, and dealt appropriately. The value of satelliting was very obvious to OPFOR.

Area sweeps, then an agent contact ( agent in civvies ) with the agent giving brief info on a suspect Taliban bomb team. Sadly, the agent was then killed by Terry who had situated himself in the only available cover ( = a Portaloo. ). Reaction of multiple commander tested, Terry KIA.

Intelligence lead to patrols, G2 work and the patrols on the ground required a CP - so the CP routine also tested, as was young Sir. FF came across and killed a Talib each. Intelligence gathered lead to patrols, the orders process again being tested.

Later that evening, couple of CTRs against an aggresive and alert enemy who, after having a brew on their bunker, put out a roaming patrol that came across the CTR. Reactions of the patrol tested noisily, much to the delight of the puppies of war who shot first. Nice quick reacation by the patrol, though.

Up at oh early o'clock, for an h-hour of 0600. FF attacked a ( genuine ) bunker, with simulated 81mm smoke and HE. En fled, to another position and FF followed up aggresively.

The second position had already been recce'd by FF who where ambushed by a lone Martyr en route to attack the second position. So, anti-ambush drill tested.

Final attack, again under simulated 81mm smoke and HE, Terry eventually decided to run away just in time for a death breakfast - hurrah for Norwegians fulll of fried food.

Total number of blokes involved? I'd guess a platoons' worth, which again shows what can be done of the headshed can be arrsed.
  2. Were you doing the G2?
  3. Sounds like a top wknd. Just wish some of the other STAB inf Bn's could run such a good ex and op's specific ex! Wont mention any names though!
  4. G20?
  5. We're in the same Bn, we had two decent Ops specific ones last year mate. They were both the same pretty much, recce and ocupy FOBs, mount Ops/Patrols from FOBs and we had a small number providing force protection in stripped down landrovers for the RLC, RMP and RE - I quite enjoyed both!
  6. :D
  7. Ever fancied a transfer to a unit that does that sort of thing in more detail ? Teeth arm experience and MATTS quals a bonus. Huge opportunities ! And I believe you may already know some of our more junior members.
  8. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

No thanks - apparently your annual camps are all shite!
  9. See now how can I possibly transfer out of the infantry (I'm having second thoughts already) just to go and play with helicopters, having read that...

BB you make me sick! :D
  10. True, but if you've anything about you you'll be off doing something else. Which, when you're up to speed, includes real work for real ops.
  11. Hey we did EAGLE STRIKE two years ago as part of 2 PARA BG - plenty of lifts and we even set fire to an HLS!
  12. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Thanks, but no thanks.
  13. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Yes - I heard all about it :roll:

Still, you have to try these things once, don't you.