Another couple do the Dignitas Dance

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Biped, Jul 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Telegraph:

Sir Edward Downes, the conductor emeritus of the BBC Philharmonic, and his wife Lady Joan Downes have died at the assisted suicide clinic Dignitas in Switzerland.

[​IMG]

Fair play to them for choosing their time and manner of exit, with dignity. A sad loss.

2. Suddenly I'm slightly less sympathetic.

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I had to laugh when I saw that. Sod it - let's get this over to the NAAFI.

Do you think that tarquin, sorry, Bouddica and brother talked mater and pater into doing the decent thing then?

4. If my parents had named me Caractacus, they woudn't have survived past my fifteenth birthday, and Boudicca Downes sounds like an Essex beauty spot (if there is such a thing).

5. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

To be honest, with names like that, I'm surprised they didn't set about them with shovels and dump the bodies in a shallow grave years ago.

6. Oh Mummy and Daddy! do stop hanging on like proles and snuff yourselves so we can inherit…

7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Dignity my ARRSE!

8. I had an ex who pretended to be dying of cancer once, and said I was to inherit over £1 Million upon his death. He went so far as to book a flight to Switzerland so that I wouldn't have to see him suffer - courtesy of Dignitas.

He came undone however when he claimed he would be walking to the North Pole a few weeks before hand. Alone, in the middle of winter. In the dark.

Something about it just didn't seem to add up...

9. Ah yes, I remember him, we outed him on here a few years back didn't we.
    You don't have much luck with men do you?

10. Actually I outed him to the police, and he was convicted last week.

11. Good for you, I know Matt looks forward to meeting up with him, preferably somewhere secluded.
    Trying the same stunt twice wasn't awfully bright.

12. Good! What did he get?

13. Outstanding, Milsum :D

14. Sorry to hijack -
    Don't know, sentencing not for a few weeks. Originally charged with fraud to the MOD and GBH to a TA soldier, pleaded guilty to two summary offences of ABH and impersonating a medical practitioner.

15. Shame the Walt thread is closed down at the moment.