Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Another corrupt ex-Labour MP charged

I'm fairly sure there was only one or two that weren't fiddling, they should round the lot of them up.

unfortunately it looks like the majority of fiddling. thieving barstewards will get away with it:
To date, 10 files of evidence in relation to 10 individuals have been submitted to the CPS for a charging decision. Of those, seven cases including that of Margaret Moran have resulted in charges, no further action was taken in two cases and the request for a charging decision on one file was withdrawn by the police after further evidence came to light. There are no longer any cases to be considered by the panel.

there are no longer any cases to be considered so the sacrificial few have now been sent for slaughter and the majority will just crack on with their noses in the trough.

What about the appaling Jackboots Jacqui?

She (?) apologised to parliament (yeh, right) and so was let off with no further action. as I said, the sacrificial lambs have gone to slaughter, the remainder just carry on normal jogging. "**** the taxpayer" is the parliamentary motto.

unfortunately it looks like the majority of fiddling. thieving barstewards will get away with it:

there are no longer any cases to be considered so the sacrificial few have now been sent for slaughter and the majority will just crack on with their noses in the trough.

Exactly and I think for such institutional thievery we should have a 'guilty until proven innocent' approach.

To be fair to parliament (Why? I hear you cry) but it must have been really hard working out who were the 10 most odious MPs to put up for the chop, from such an odious bunch of parliamentarians!

Porcine scrote. I feel sorry for whatever junkie, thief, prostitute or looter has to share a cell with it.

15 charges of false accounting, 6 of forgery and £60,000 in false expenses; if she'd devoted the same energy and ingenuity to actual politics she could have had a Cabinet post. What's the betting she ends up doing about 6 months in an open nick, with all her old friends and acquaintances quietly lobbying the Home Office on her behalf?

The only one's they're prosecuting for expenses fraud are those who submitted demonstrably false paperwork - false mortgage claims, overnight accommodation costs when in fact they stayed at home etc.

The problem is no matter how much the cnuts made out of the old system, as long as they stayed within the rules of that system, they're untouchable.

Margaret Moran faces 21 charges in relation to parliamentary expenses claims

"The summons relates to 15 charges of false accounting, contrary to the Theft Act 1968. It is alleged that she claimed expenses for the furnishing and improvement of main residences between November 2004 and August 2008 through a scheme intended for the maintenance of second homes or offices.

"Ms Moran also faces six charges of forgery, contrary to the Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, where it is alleged that she submitted forged invoices in support of some of her claims."

So Moran's problem isn't that she took the piss out of the system, but that she took the piss by submitting falsified paperwork (allegedly).

Wordsmith

The problem is no matter how much the cnuts made out of the old system, as long as they stayed within the rules of that system, they're untouchable.
Wordsmith

Well, call me an old cynic if you like (it will be the nicest I have been called on here :) ) but there is no way I believe that there was not a lot of 'forensic' cleaning up of expenses by MPs when this started to break, to look like they remained within the 'rules', which IMO were so lax they should not be classed as rules.

edit to add: have a look at this book by Martin Bell in which he, as a former MP, rips in to the who saga as it was unfolding. A Very British Revolution he does not miss many of the thieving barstewards and had very definite ideas on how to deal with the situation.

There should have been no apologies, just arrests.

And suspension from sitting as an MP ever again. A sort of political enema.

I think as auld yin suggests sacrificial lambs, hardly poor lambs as perhaps they did not want to get into Paliamentary in fighting and risk all of thewir dirty laundry to be aired in public, although I migh look at Luciana Bergers for a while!! What's that nurse time for my medication