Another copycat attack at Westminster?

Nothing like as bad as the Irish in the 70s or 80s? Given how many incidents are apparently halted by Security Forces, it's far, far worse.
You rate attacks that didn't take place as being as bad, or worse than ones that did...

I think the 5th Foot wore a bearskin because they became fusiliers in 1836 and British fusiliers were wearing bearskins before and during the Napoleonic wars without any connection to any French units.
Wilhelmsthal, 1762: bearskins taken from the Grenadiers de France by the 5th Foot at a time when, apart from the grenadier company of the 42nd, British fusiliers and grenadiers were still wearing mitre caps.

Last edited:
Apparently. The car was insured and is MOT'd until next May, so everything else is, erm, Kosher…
Details of which have already been posted on this thread. All I need now is the driver's name and address and I'm ready for the next unsolicited phone call "Hi! I'm calling about the accident you were involved in that wasn't your fault."

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Another racist and bigotted snippit for you, 1 in 4 male immigrants from Pakistan in the UK work as taxi drivers.
I take it he's supporting the other 3 who don't work?

Some of the nicest and most trustworthy people I have known all my life, are practicing Christians.
Not the happy- clappy variety of gullible and brainwashed 20-30 somethings, nice, well-meaning but tripped out on religious LOVE, and believe that because they feel it, it is true.
And not the ex - junkies who have just substituted one high for another.
I really respect the people who get on with their lives, not hurting others, and worship whoever they want without having to involve others.
You can do this in Christianity, but I don't think it is possible in Islam.
I recently organised a reunion of Varsity mates after a gap of 30 years. We had all kept in touch and occasionally met up as we all worked as expats in one way or another. One of the guys has been incredibly successful geologist, a great family man, a decent bloke to have a beer with, keen cyclist and yacht racer - an all-round nice chap. During the reunion he revealed that he was a devout Christian and had been all his life. We were stunned and lost for words. And impressed.

I’ve dropped him as a mate, obvs.

I really don't care if you refer to Islamist terrorists as Islamist terrorists.

Interested to note you don't think facts are important...
You will be able to point out where I didn't say facts are unimportant I suppose. What I said was
Yes but the statistics are of NI are an irrelevancy. We have the actual numbers.

How many people are killed by terrorist attacks in the UK?

And death by PIRA/INLA has been on the decrease . Death by - lets call them other terrorists (or @Bravo_Bravo will have a spluttering attack) - is on the increase. In fact statistics are not really relevant in this discussion at all. it is what is happening currently that is of import.
the statistics are unimportant as we have the facts.

You really are a bit pathetic. You make up tosh as you go along. No wonder people think you are an apologistic joke.

Krazy_Ivan said:
So you think that attack attempts do not count because the security services managed to stop them? Give your daft head a wobble.
So let's get this straight, you believe that despite the fact that an attack was planned, and in the process of execution, it's not a threat?

If memory serves there were battalions of both 3rd and 4th Chasseurs and 3rd and 4th Grenadiers in the attack.
Oh, there were definitely Grenadiers involved in the attack. It is simply that when historians compared the relative positions of the 1st Foot Guards with the French columns, they realised that it was almost certainly les Chasseurs who got it in the face from them, rather than les Grenadiers.

Details of which have already been posted on this thread. All I need now is the driver's name and address and I'm ready for the next unsolicited phone call "Hi! I'm calling about the accident you were involved in that wasn't your fault."
Spot on. That'll be another whiplash loft conversion or conservatory funded from my insurance premium increase.

I'll be well miffed if he has no-claims protection, too. No wonder he's said nothing to the police.