Another Chinese stealth fighter breaks cover....

This has started popping up over the last 24 or so hours. Seems to be a smaller complement to the J-20 fighter.

And just in time for next weeks visit by the US defence secretary....again.

M

Mr_Tigger

I dont think the Americanists will be too upset. Look at those Ruski engines. Very firmly 4th gen back end.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
the avionics will probably be better and include an mp3 player.

the main difference I keep noticing is the very flat spaced out bodywork between the engines - heat or survivability?

M

Mr_Tigger

the avionics will probably be better and include an mp3 player.

the main difference I keep noticing is the very flat spaced out bodywork between the engines - heat or survivability?
Stability in roll axis with such a wide belly? Better airflow alinement with none conventional inlets?

Still closer spaced than the SU27. Or maybe I am being deceived by scale and the angle of the photographs.

Something not quite right about the pic. carn't quite put my finger on it but the airframe looks "clunky". Undercarriage doors a bit rectangular and all those little legs poking out of the bottom when it's on the move.

Something not quite right about the pic. carn't quite put my finger on it but the airframe looks "clunky". Undercarriage doors a bit rectangular and all those little legs poking out of the bottom when it's on the move.
Carrier version? The undercarriage looks quite chunky compared to the PLAAF version even though it's a smaller frame.

If it's been sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk then I'm probably pissed.

Maybe they got their inspiration elsewhere?

Dragon+dance+performers+participate+in+Chinese+New+Year+celebrations+in+Bangkok+.jpeg

M

Mr_Tigger

iPods channelled from Iran. The PLA Air Force are upset that they have to listen to Village People and Love Ballads.
I just watched the first episode of that Discovery Channel documentary 'Ark Royal'. Within the first ten minutes a sailor is bollocked for listening to his iPod at Action Stations. You couldn't write it.

If it is a carrier version perhaps we should buy it then we have something to put on our carriers.
We'd need to put those carps and tarts on the boats first, and apparently we can't afford them.

I'm sure it's not as good as a Raptor, but it might be close enough that the rice enthusiasts can afford a lean fifteen to one superiority in force size.

They only need roughly an eight to one superiority due to the F22`s limited aam capacity, and i think they can manage that with ease :)

M

Mr_Tigger

They only need roughly an eight to one superiority due to the F22`s limited aam capacity, and i think they can manage that with ease :)
Does that not rather assume the Chinese drivers can get a firing solution on the F22?

Does that not rather assume the Chinese drivers can get a firing solution on the F22?
Does that not rather assume it's a good idea to assume they can't?

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
that assumes the USAF feel confident enough to fly them into a shooting engagement.