Another Chinese stealth fighter breaks cover....

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by petergriffen, Sep 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This has started popping up over the last 24 or so hours. Seems to be a smaller complement to the J-20 fighter.

And just in time for next weeks visit by the US defence secretary....again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. That looks very like an F22.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I was just about to say 'doesn't that look a tad like something in the Western inventory'.

4. Looks like there's no thrust vectoring & I'll bet the avionics etc are nowhere near as good.

5. I dont think the Americanists will be too upset. Look at those Ruski engines. Very firmly 4th gen back end.

6. Maybe the avionics are cloned from Western designers.

7. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

the avionics will probably be better and include an mp3 player.

the main difference I keep noticing is the very flat spaced out bodywork between the engines - heat or survivability?

8. Stability in roll axis with such a wide belly? Better airflow alinement with none conventional inlets?

Still closer spaced than the SU27. Or maybe I am being deceived by scale and the angle of the photographs.

9. Something not quite right about the pic. carn't quite put my finger on it but the airframe looks "clunky". Undercarriage doors a bit rectangular and all those little legs poking out of the bottom when it's on the move.

10. Carrier version? The undercarriage looks quite chunky compared to the PLAAF version even though it's a smaller frame.

If it's been sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk then I'm probably pissed.

11. iPods channelled from Iran. The PLA Air Force are upset that they have to listen to Village People and Love Ballads.

12. Maybe they got their inspiration elsewhere?

Dragon+dance+performers+participate+in+Chinese+New+Year+celebrations+in+Bangkok+.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  13. I just watched the first episode of that Discovery Channel documentary 'Ark Royal'. Within the first ten minutes a sailor is bollocked for listening to his iPod at Action Stations. You couldn't write it.

14. fu2

fu2 LE

If it is a carrier version perhaps we should buy it then we have something to put on our carriers.

15. We'd need to put those carps and tarts on the boats first, and apparently we can't afford them.

I'm sure it's not as good as a Raptor, but it might be close enough that the rice enthusiasts can afford a lean fifteen to one superiority in force size.