Another British teenager detained over drug smuggling

British teenager detained over 'drug smuggling'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/brazil/story/0,,2137805,00.html

She'll be spending 15 years in a South American Hell Hole, Good leave her to rot there.

A British teenager is facing up to 15 years in a Brazilian jail after being caught allegedly trying to smuggle cocaine on to a flight from Rio de Janeiro to London, it emerged today.

Davena Payne, a 19-year-old student from central London, was arrested as she attempted to board a plane at Rio de Janeiro's international airport with more than 8kg of cocaine worth an estimated £300,000.

mick

What a shame - now mind your fingers as we slam the cell door shut.

SHAME :wink:

Its a pity they dont follow some of these people when back in the UK then extradite them with the 'mule' back to the hell hole prisons.

Druggie CNUTS :x

I suppose she's innocent and her parents will be bleating that the Foreign Office aren't doing enough to get her back here so she can spend a couple of days in an HMP Holiday Camp while she writes her story. We''ll also see the Fair Trials Abroad tossers saying she can't be tries over there because she may be found guilty. If found guilty she should be imprisoned and her nationality withdrawn. Stupid cow.

cpunk

LE
DozyBint said:
Oh how sad... :roll:
It is sad really, because her stupidity has completely fcuked her life up. Very few people are so completely evil that they deserve no sympathy at all. She's 19 years old and at that age, most of us are about to embark on the happiest and most fulfilling stage of our lives: all she has to look forward to is giving blow-jobs for food in some hideous Brazilian chokey.

Surely the age-old 'I was carrying a bag for someone' or 'how did that get there?' can't be used nowadays, what with high profile cases and terrorism security at airports. Should look on the brightside that it wasn't Thailand.

well shes well and truly fecked :(

cpunk said:
DozyBint said:
It is sad really, because her stupidity has completely fcuked her life up. Very few people are so completely evil that they deserve no sympathy at all. She's 19 years old and at that age, most of us are about to embark on the happiest and most fulfilling stage of our lives: all she has to look forward to is giving blow-jobs for food in some hideous Brazilian chokey.
Yes fine. But many other people's lives are fucked up by people other than themselves and not for (probably) money-grabbing reasons. People make their own choices and by age 19 if she hasn't grasped right from wrong and worked out that making money the 'easy' way carries risks, she only has herself to blame. I prefer to offer my sympathy to those people who deserve it – where self-gain isn’t the reason for their predicament. No doubt I have a place in Hell reserved for me for being so harsh, but so be it.

brighton hippy said:
well shes well and truly fecked :(
Not as bad as what happened to the other one on that link.

In February, Katriya Connor, a 23-year-old chef from Liverpool, died after packages of cocaine exploded in her stomach during a flight from Cancún, in Mexico, to Birmingham

You would think these people would learn from the ammount of publicity around the airports and in the media. :roll:

she deserves every flea bitten moment in Brazil no sympathy at all

cpunk said:
DozyBint said:
Not neccesarily stupidity, more likely greed . Any sympathy should be reserved for her family and the families of those who've lost loved ones due to drugs. As for her age , there are people of her age out in the sand pits.

No sympathy, by 19 if she is stupid (and greedy) enough to try to walk 2Kg through an airport she deserves everything she will get and more.

She should be leaned on, and given the chance to grass on those above her so we can clean them up too. (preferably in a Tom Clancy "Clear and Present Danger" stylee.

Is it a signal from the drugee community?

I beleive the Royal Navy had some successes over the past few months with drugs shipments, are the drugees using the young girls (including the two in Ghana) to boost the supply chain?

Though often laughed at in 'another place*' for my liberal tendancies I have little sympathy. As bint says she is adult and if you decide you are so deperate for money its worth the risk then you have to accept the consequences. Once a woman asked me to carry a package for her from Sau Paulo to Santa Cruz (Bolivia) and I refused. She was quite persistant but I stood my ground. She whined a lot in the way that persistant street vendors/beggars do in some places I seem to remember. I was 28 and it was 1986 so you can work out my age if you can be bothered :)

* RumRation

Latest Threads