Another Boot thread...

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Xoums, Nov 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quick question regarding breaking boots in and polishing them.

Having just been issued my boots at the PCCBC I forgot to ask if we had to polish them prior to starting the course. When I say polish I mean getting a guardsman shine on them, not just keep them clean and maintained.

Ps: Any tips on how to break boots in are welcome too!

2. I'd imagine not- I'm sure that your C/Sgt will show you how...

3. How does one get a pair of boots to shrink slightly and mould to your feet...?? Anyone else ever had sizing issues?

4. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

You don't bull your combat boots; you will have enough fun bulling george boots, drill boots and brown shoes.

Use Kiwi polish, a brush etc to get them nice and soft and try to wear them as much as possible before your course starts. There are about two billion threads on Arrse about breaking boots in so use the search function.

5. Dubbin for combat boots.

uo1_rhino: Sizing issues? Get the right size; your feet will suffer otherwise.

6. Seriously, if my questions really piss you off why bother reading them?

Have a great day, I hope you don't fall over and die...

edited to add: you're a cock.

7. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

soak em in water for a few hours , or overnight, then poot a pair of footie socks on in the morning an wear em ALL day till they are dry or just damp . Works for me .

8. QUOTE=Xoums;3500501]Seriously, if my questions really piss you off why bother reading them?

Have a great day, I hope you don't fall over and die...

edited to add: you're a cock.[/QUOTE]

I was looking for something that just may be beyond boy scout level 1 but FFS how can you be joining the army with such a low level of basic IQ.

If you want to be a soldier stop asking fuckwit questions.

You break boots in by wearing them, you polish them with polish.

Remember some DS in the future will pick up on your threads and postings on here, if you wanted to work for Shell would you ask where oil comes from.

The cock is in your court.

9. edited to take off the puerile retort I had formulated.

Peace and love big man.

10. My issued boots are 10 Large, but maybe 10 Mediums would have been better...hopefully this wont be a drama. Only thing is I live abroad, so will be tricky having to get a new pair if need be.