Another blow for charity giving

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Tawahi-50, Nov 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Personally I think you can still trust most people who are collecting for charity and I wouldn't let the actions of one thief, who I’m sure is in a tiny minority, dissuade you from supporting any cause.

I'm not quite sure how she got away with only a suspended sentence for stealing £100,000 though :?
  2. Shocking,but I find the sum of a hundred grand over a year a lot of money and I thought someone would have noticed that any flight she was working on had lower donations than other flights.

Or is an organised scam,and she was the only one(so far) to get caught out?

A hundred grand works out at just less than 2 grand a week,so her spending patterns and/or bank account must reflect this.
  3. I give to charity in many ways but NEVER cash in a bucket and cash only to the British Legion.

too many people with too few scruples for my liking.

4. She took £100,000 yet was only fined 13 grand with a suspended sentence? The state should take everything she owned and lock her up :x
  5. Damn...I thought someone was giving head for charity :(
  6. Your mum is
  7. ...It's amazing how trusting the public are.....I did a sponsored walk for the NSPCC and you had to have the organisation's logo on top of all forms ( they provided them), alongside a letter of authority......

Saw a scam happening couple of years later in Pompey for same charity, right under my nose.Went to the police but some twat (civilian administrator, ashamed to say) wanted to spend ages chatting and filling in forms instead of doing something about it.....

People see 'charity' or a uniform and just don't stop to think's touching how trusting they are but really damages charities when low-lifes abuse the public's generosity in their name.... direct debit's the only way.
  8. Couldn't be bothered to come up with an original comeback?? tut tut....shame on you :p
  9. I refuse to accept that. Regimental Standing Orders clearly state at Part 1, Chapter 1, Page 1, Paragraph 1 that "There is nothing better than a cheap mum joke". Although Sub-para a does continue "Except a dead mum joke".
  10. To be fair....I'm in agreement. I prefer a bit of panache myself :) (not the lingerie....unless on a female....dead or otherwise)
  11. Oh I don't know. IMHO there's nothing quite like the feel of a silky gusset caressing one's ballbag whilst giving your oppo's dead mother the good news.
  12. So what happened to the other £87k ?