Another Belter from Phil the Greek!

This man should be an inspiration to us all:

The Duke of Edinburgh, who has a well-earned reputation for putting his foot in his mouth, made yet another gaffe when he mocked the sight of a blind boy.

The family of Stephen Menary, a teenage army cadet who was blinded in an IRA bombing, had been invited to meet the Queen and her husband at a tree planting event in Hyde Park.

After the Queen asked the then 15-year-old how much sight he had left, the Duke of Edinburgh responded: "Not a lot, judging by the tie he's wearing".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...of-Edinburgh-gaffes-by-mocking-blind-boy.html

"I know he has a reputation for making seemingly offensive remarks but I don't think there's any malice in what he says. He meets people that are often very nervous about meeting him and other members of the Royal Family and I think he just tries to put people at ease by trying to make a joke. I certainly didn't take any offence."
Don't worry. Somebody will be along shortly to take offence on your behalf.

The man should be awarded a BAFTA for King of Comedy. He's made more people laugh than that ponce Alan Carr.

someone should do a book of quotes from Phil, I would buy it

Awesome, another cracker from the DoE!

That map is brilliant, the "eating dogs for the Anorexic" had me giggling.

all hail the duke!

HRH Phil the Greek and the Blessed Jeremy Clarkson* are the only two people left in the UK who say what they think and damn anyone else.

*He can only be elevated to sainthood if caught in a coke-fuelled 3 in a bed sex romp* in the manner of St. Angus of Deyton.

*WTF is a 'romp'? Have you ever had one? I'm pretty sure I haven't.

The man's a fecking legend. I remember a while ago when he asked some little fat kid what he want to do when he grew up:

Kid: Be an astronaut
DoE: Well you better lose some weight first.

Needless to say, vicarious grief whores were up in arms, i think he's just a fcking genius.

Nice one Phil. :D The best laugh on a dull Monday.

The trouble with Phils humour is that it is far too subtle for mongs to understand. There is an over capacity of mongs.

MSI64 said:
Certainly far funnier than the sad load of Bushisms we've had to put up with.
HRH The Gaffemeister is an original, as well as being a gallant naval officer who has seen action;
which is something you cannot say we've seen either side of the pond these last 8 years.

A collection -it would probably have to be "unofficial"- would raise a lot
of money as well as mirth if put together in aid of H4H.

The FCO wouldn't be too pleased either, so it scores on so many fronts... :D

Morris_Viper said:
Followed the linky and by far the best was the Apollo space program 1

Utter quality

It seems to me that it's the best way of wasting money that I know of. I don't think investments on the moon pay a very high dividend.
On the U.S. Apollo program, press conference in Sao Paulo, Brazil, November 1968. (quoted in Andrew Duncan, The Reality of Monarchy)

Jeez, I f*ckin near kacked me kecks laughing. :D :D :D

MSI64 said:
get buying then

Duke of Hazard

my father has this book and it's pretty good, just needs updating on a regular basis..