Another Beeb Website Fail

I clicked on a link on the Beeb website which promised

"Jinglytruck...
...and other slang terms coined by UK military in Afghanistan"

To represent 'ally' they posted this:

ally.JPG

I would have thought that even a typical Beeb Guardian-reading drone might surmise that the photo is of a Septic Tank.

I've often wondered why yanks such as this one have their flag apparently the wrong way round, any reason for that?
Apparently it's because he is supposed to be the flag pole and the 'stars' are always near the flag pole. On his left arm the flag is the other way round. On both arms the 'stars' are to the front as if it was either side of the same flag on a flag pole.

Dalek Robot crop.jpg
Spock_s Brain.jpg

So what's up with the plastic cap on the beardy one in Afghan? :? We didn't have that kind of lid when I was in - just the GI pot in the early days and the Kevlar copy of the German
Stahlhelm later on...

Is he channeling Dr. Who or Mr. Spock?

Apparently it's because he is supposed to be the flag pole and the 'stars' are always near the flag pole. On his left arm the flag is the other way round. On both arms the 'stars' are to the front as if it was either side of the same flag on a flag pole.
You just made that up, didn't you?

I've often wondered why yanks such as this one have their flag apparently the wrong way round, any reason for that?
Because if they had printed the pic the right way round everybody would have seen that your man is left-handed, which far from being 'ally', is just spastic.

The wanky cycle helmet doesn't help much, either.

Here you go, flag the right way round. :)

Untitled.png

As odd as it looks with the flag the wrong way round, it looks even worse to me when the stars are toward the back (i.e. a non-reversed flag on right shoulder). You often see security guards in chad uniforms wearing it like that. Looks bloody stupid.

So that the flag always advances towards the front - towards the enemy.
Some General got all prissy that one flag seemed to be heading away and promulgated the mirror image flags.

Gen dit.

We have General Cowan fretting about how to eat sandwiches, the Yanks have Generals fretting about embroidered flags.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Because if they had printed the pic the right way round everybody would have seen that your man is left-handed, which far from being 'ally', is just spastic.

The wanky cycle helmet doesn't help much, either.
And instead of reporting blood group O Pos, he'd have been soP O.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Here you go, flag the right way round. :)

View attachment 181823

As odd as it looks with the flag the wrong way round, it looks even worse to me when the stars are toward the back (i.e. a non-reversed flag on right shoulder). You often see security guards in chad uniforms wearing it like that. Looks bloody stupid.
See now you've cut off the top of his helmet displaying his blood group.

I'm not quite that dim... :)