Another Battle of Britain film...

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by hansvonhealing, Jun 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone remember a 'black and white' Fifties British film based on the B of B where a Scottish pilot is wounded and has to be 'talked down' to land at the drome?
    Think the film starred Kenneth More........

2. I think the film you are thinking of is Angels One Five starring Jack Hawkins.

3. Thats it! Thanks Silvester....OK, What was the code-name of the Scottish pilot?...The scene was truly embarrassingly corny!

4. The pilot must have survived, because he was later killed in (but prior to) the Great Escape, but he survived that too - and became Shooey McPhie, the chef in the Crossroads Motel.

5. He was known as "Septic". Next question!

6. It was on only the other week!!

Regards,
    M2

7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

'Septic' was played by John Gregson who was quite a star in his day.

'Shooie' was played by Angus Lennie (aka FO 'Mole' Ives in TGE)

Spotting out.

8. 'Septic'! It all comes back to me now - like a nightmare....Silvester, you're sad, hope you haven't based your life on this piece of crap. Mind you, I must be equally sad as I remember the film clearly now. Next question. OK, how did Septic disgrace himself when he joined the Squadron?

Think 'Shooie' played a navigator in '633 Squadron'

9. Septic disgraced himself by scrambling, having a go at some Germans then landing, all while having his radio on send and jamming out the net.