Another banking drama

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by gingwarr, Jun 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm changing jobs soon into something that requires me to be security cleared.

Now nigh on 8 years ago, I went travelling around East Africa for 6 months. The company I'm moving to wants proof. They've asked for my passport showing visa stamps (unfortunately destroyed in a fire), or bank statements around that time. Being 18 at the time, my filing system meant that everything that didn't have a picture of a naked bint on it has been binned.

Lloyds have told me that it could take them 40 working days to issue me copies of those statements, and that there is no way to speed up the process, or to put me at the front of the queue.

If it takes this long, I can see my new employer offering the position to someone else.

Anyone got any ideas what I can do to sort this out? I don't want to lose this job because it takes Lloyds 2 months to sort out some printouts.
  2. have you got online banking or would it be quicker to apply and print the statements yourself at home? Alternatively you could pop into your local branch and explain the situation they may be able to print them off there. Hope you get sorted.
  3. just tell your employer you will have them in 40 days or so.. its not your problem - really cant see what this would prove in the case you were in Africa 8 years ago... seems a waste of time. Why do they want proof - you have told them surely that is enough - show them a photo...if that is not good enough then your potential new employer in my view can take a run and jump for being fikal and pathetic and not worth joining.
  4. No access to local branch - It's in Wales, I'm in the smoke.

Not in online banking unfortunately - although if I get myself on...

Could very well be a plan.

Don't want to p1ss this employer off, I'm afraid - the job's too good and I knew they were going to vet me, just not back that far.
  5. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Oi- answer your telephone you redheaded git!!!!!!!!

6. Your bank thinks your going to sue them for your charges back thats why !
    goto for £14 you can have your entire financial history dating 6 yrs
  7. They've already credit checked me - they need to see that I was making regular (ie every couple of months) debits/credit for that 6 month period, as opposed to being in a jail cell somewhere.

Many thansk though and keep the suggestions coming!

Oh, Grems, check your PMs
  8. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Back at you!
  9. You won't be able to access statements back eight years through Online banking - and your Lloyds TSB branch will not be able to bring them up in branch either. This really is one of those times when you will have to wait for it - although seeing a Manager or calling phonebank to try and speed things up could help.

(I'm speaking because i recently worked for Lloyds TSB myself, and so know a bit about how this works)