Another baby killed by dog

words escape me, the stupidity of some people....

in short the 'parents' had left a 16y/o child in charge of 3 small children including the baby and were at a nearby property...a seven y/o had taken the baby to see the dog in the garden...when...oddly enough the dog went banzai and mauled the baby

maybe if that other old doris had got 20yrs for letting her dog kill her grand-child, these people may have thought more carefully about their actions

Dead Baby

Some people reject "the nanny state". Something has to be done to protect these brain dead people from themselves. Unfortunately you cannot teach common sense, nor can you control the homing of dogs. :cry:

Rest in Peace Rottweiler. Hope Wakefield City Council will be flying the Saudi Flag at half mast for you.

I wish people would realise that a dog is an animal with animal instincts. If they trained them properly and let the dog know where they stood in the pack, theese things wouldn't happen. It's people who are the problem.IMHO.

CTC

chokinthechicken said:
I wish people would realise that a dog is an animal with animal instincts. If they trained them properly and let the dog know where they stood in the pack, theese things wouldn't happen. It's people who are the problem.IMHO.

CTC
seconded - and no matter how stupid ppl are - they're still able to reproduce themselves ... unfortunately

It is a tragic accident made worse by the foolishness of the parents ... they left small children in the care of a juvenile and in the company of a dog. The dog was obviously stressed and had behavior problems; a dog usually attacks someone if it feels threatened, it's usual instinct is to retreat.

My dog (a staffie) is 100% placcid around people, and especially children. But she would never be left alone with a child, not for one moment because children do not understand that a dog can feel threatened by chasing it around, prodding it and stressing it out ... a dog needs to be able to retreat to a safe area when threatened where it can regain some space.

The parents/adults in this latest case are to blame, probably through ignorance ... and now they have to live with their mistake. A terrible mistake.

CplFoodspoiler

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Scabster_Mooch said:
Its an accident. No call for outrage really.

If one were to be flippant, one would say this is evolution in action.

But that would be inappropriate.
Ouch... but I noticed at the end he got a nice pat on the back, nice touch that.
I wonder what his crime was?

Again, IF all dogs were licensed, it would then put the owness upon the owner to ensure that all reasonable steps were made to ensure all those who came into contact with their dogs were not at risk!

If you treat all dogs as you would a four year old child, you would have it about right, as there are no such things as bad dogs, just bad owners.

The dog in question was a Yard Dog by all accounts, so a dog that perhaps was not use to small children, and when children shout or scream, the dog WILL react, in a way it's instincts tell it to! More so in this case when it seems not to be a family / house dog! So why was it kenneled outdoors?
If it was seen as a percieved risk by the owner, why was it not at least muzzled, or better in a proper secure dog run?

Or was this poor dog an accessory, to show off and help in their eyes to protect the property?

It makes my blood boil to see dogs, cats and other pets so treated, as to revert to type, in this case a "WOLF"!

I have two Boxers, they go where we go and I would not allow them to be at home with just a minor, be that in age, or IQ!

When will people become GOOD pet owners and not just a social accessory

:x :x :x :x

k13eod said:
It is a tragic accident made worse by the foolishness of the parents ... they left small children in the care of a juvenile and in the company of a dog. The dog was obviously stressed and had behavior problems; a dog usually attacks someone if it feels threatened, it's usual instinct is to retreat.

My dog (a staffie) is 100% placcid around people, and especially children. But she would never be left alone with a child, not for one moment because children do not understand that a dog can feel threatened by chasing it around, prodding it and stressing it out ... a dog needs to be able to retreat to a safe area when threatened where it can regain some space.

The parents/adults in this latest case are to blame, probably through ignorance ... and now they have to live with their mistake. A terrible mistake.

As you say a terrible mistake,about the same as the McCans,charge the parents with neglect and make these fcukwits think twice about owning a dog

Scabster_Mooch said:
you say accident...

the term accident implies no blame...i disagree

"All breeds of dogs are animals. They do revert to animal instincts. If a dog is confronted with a situation they are not used to, they can react unexpectedly."

What aload of shite!

An animal with heightened senses should have realised the infant was of no threat! Although, where the fu*ck were the parents??? Down the pub! The Marksman should have shot the parents aswell!

UberSoldat said:
ah, it happened in Yorkshire, that explains it then!
I have to say that had it been in the Peoples Republic of South Yorkshire, I would have have been surprised at all.

In Rotherham the people are muzzled and not the dogs!! :wink:

I have three siberian huskys who some might say are closer to wolf than other breeds.
I also have three children ages 6. 5 and nearly 2.
I trust my dogs as i trust my children with the dogs.
However i will not leave the dogs alone with the kids for a second, i trust the dogs explicitly however the prey drive of a dog is as strong as ever and if the dog for a second thought it could take the kid it would simple as that.
It is not the fault of the animal its nature pure and simple and the sooner these idiots realise that the better. The parents should face prision and a life time ban on keeping pets.

58_Pattern said:
Rest in Peace Rottweiler. Hope Wakefield City Council will be flying the Saudi Flag at half mast for you.
Tea all over the fecking keyboard... again! :D

goon_bde said:
Scabster_Mooch said:
you say accident...

the term accident implies no blame...i disagree
They left the children in the care of a 16 year old. I do not know the 16 year old in question but in my opinion, a 16 year old is capable of doing a bit of baby sitting.

She went up stairs for whatever reason, and the 7 year old brought the baby to the dog. The dog thought it was dinner time.

Where should blame lie? I would not blame the 7 year old though she would be berated. I am not sure how long the 16 year old was upstairs for so it would be hard to blame her. Not sure how one blames a dog.

The parents then - but we do not know the 16 year old in question so how can we blame them?

Hugh_Jardon said:
Nice to see the police marksmen shooting a real criminal for a change...
They didn't, they shot a dog. The dog isn't a criminal. She was a dog. Poor thing. RIP.

I am hacked off with the dogs taking the blame for the actions or inactions of humans. The imbeciles who owned her should be banned from ever having a pet again. And the parents of the kids and the kids. Esp the 16 and 7 year old. The 16 year old should be banned from ever baby sitting again, WTF did they decide to mooch off to the bedroom? For a wnak? For a quick letch or text message with some other 16 year old?

What the fcuk was the 16 year old doing? Why was the 7 year old able to carry the baby off? Why were the parents not there? Why weren't the grandparents there? Why weren't the kids breifed up to not go near the dog when the owners weren't there?

The dog is not in the wrong here.

The marksman should have fired a few more rounds me thinks.

and I feel sorry for the baby too. Poor little mite. Looked after by morons.