Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Another attention seeking wannabe

Best outfit to join

• Artillery

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Infantry

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Intelligence

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • ETS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavalry

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Medical

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

lextalionis

War hero
Hey, guys (insert anodyne/annoying salutation here)!

I want to join the Reserve to make a bit of money, have some fun and because I look gawjusssss in uniform.

I think I know what's in store in terms of selection and the joining process (I love and hate Crapita - I own a few shares in them and I make money off the misery you find on Arrse - tee hee!).

I'm a linguist/teacher by trade. Arrsepedia tells me that the TA [sic] Pool of Linguists is made of rather unhelpful elderly gentlemen. Is this still true? If so, is there any other nationally recruited group that is worth looking at?

So you are a language teacher. What languages? Just being nosey.

The linguists I knew were all young thrusting types. Most leave the army at around about 40 years of age to become civvy's so there are not too many of us old duffers out there.

Money? You'd be better off going to the horse's, or dog's.

Ask yourself do you want to do your day job in the Reserve, or would you rather go off at a tangent and do something a little different that you could tell everyone was dangerous .............. and impress the girls?

So you are a language teacher. What languages? Just being nosey.

The linguists I knew were all young thrusting types. Most leave the army at around about 40 years of age to become civvy's so there are not too many of us old duffers out there.

Money? You'd be better off going to the horse's, or dog's.

Ask yourself do you want to do your day job in the Reserve, or would you rather go off at a tangent and do something a little different that you could tell everyone was dangerous .............. and impress the girls?[/QUOTE

I wouldn't mind something like that, but the local infantry and artillery AR units are not that inspiring. There's the Cavalry, but I'm all out of red trousers. It's French and Spanish, by the way.

Pool of Linguists is made of rather unhelpful elderly gentlemen.
And you're asking for advice on ARRSE which is chock-a-block full of unhelpful elderly gentlemen? :? :eek:=-D:mrgreen::mrgreen: Good luck with that.

Victor Meldrew.JPG