Another ANA soldier turns on NATO troops

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Abdiel, Jul 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is absolutely ridiculous. Why are we even bothering with these backward idiots in a backward land.....
  2. The problem is, that with regard to trusting the Ana in it's entirety, Coalition forces are damned if they do, damned if they don't. An easy solution for an undercurrent of mistrust seems difficult to find.
  3. It's not long since that Maj and Lt were killed by one is it?

Aside from putting stags out, there's not much can be done about it really though... everyone needs their kip. And I doubt many already-knackered lads would be all up for an internal stag every night based on 3 more or less isolated incidents.
  4. It's impossible to stag on against the ANA who you are supposed to be mentoring. How easy is it to let off an RPG before anyone could do anything?
  5. Sad though this is, I'm surprised that the enemy (am I allowed to call them that?) haven't made much more use of this tactic before now. Surely infiltrating assassins into the ANA/ANP would be a prime way of preventing ISAF from achieving its aims?
  6. when i get out there i dont think i will be doing much sleeping. i feel sorry for the lads who are there now with the anp/ana after hearing what has happend lately. i wouldn't be suprised if sum of the lads were on stag inside the fob
  7. I think that's what's happening, I don't believe in co-incidence , I think we are going to see more of this.
  8. A Lebanese girl once told me to never ever trust anyone in Afghanistan, I thought she just saying that, but it's damn true.
  9. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Ahhh, but a Belgian told me that about Arabs.. And a Cloggie told me that about Belgians...
  10. And Jack Nicholson said never pass up a bathroom, never waste a hard-on, and never trust a fart.