Another American...

whose come to pee in your Wheaties. As I couldn't find a "New Member" area I'll post both my introduction and question together.

My name is Jason and I'm a paratrooper in the US Army. First round is on the cherry.

On another board that I am member of we are talking about the 15 sailors and Marines that were taken hostage by Iran and their conduct during captivity. One commenter, a Canadian (or Snow Mexican as we are wont to call them) said that the sailors and Marines acted "as they were trained to."

In the US Army we have the Code of Conduct that details to us how to act in captivity. Do the British Forces have anything similar? Were their actions grounds for a court martial, NJP or just a good beating?

Piss off, journo!!!

MsG

Edited to add: and the conjunction is "who", not "that"!

Captured personnel are only supposed to give Name, Rank, Number, Date of Birth & Religion.

Everyone has their breaking point, in this instance it was when the Iranians threatened to send them off to Heidleberg to teach home economics to young nuns.... it was the last straw.

For fighting men such as these, the humiliation would have been unbearable.

Thanks for the English lesson, twat. I assume that "journo" is mouthbreather for journalist. Don't you think a journalist would write better?

If you're so bent out of shape that members of the British Forces are crying themselves to sleep after being called Mr. Bean and whoring themselves out to the public maybe you should take it out on them and not someone asking a simple question.

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
I take it you would have acted differently?

And probably started WW3.

Your lads shot any Brits recently?

Trigger happy tw@ts

Obviously our colonial cousin is unaware of what passes for journalistic standards in the UK!!

Please do not consider the conduct of some dodgy seamen to be indicitive of our forces.

I draw your attention to the courage of our ground forces in Iraq and Afghanistan as a contrast.

If i were you, I'd also consider changing your name from Jason, it's no moniker for a paratrooper... not unless you wish to be utilised as a contraceptive by 3 Para Mortars.

Can't we just PLEASE talk about sex and/or football?

Release the ARRSE 25,473.

I take it you would have acted differently?
I'd like to think I'd last longer than 48 hours. Or cry myself to sleep. Or talk about my hugs from Mommy.

Your lads shot any Brits recently?
I'm below quota this month. I have to bag two more people that spell armor with a 'u' otherwise I'll get a counseling statement.

Obviously our colonial cousin is unaware of what passes for journalistic standards in the UK!!
No, I've read articles from The Independent. :D

Please do not consider the conduct of some dodgy seamen to be indicitive of our forces.
Wouldn't dream of it. I've worked with Brits in Kosovo and Afghanistan (none in Iraq as I wasn't that far south). Even my father, a former Ranger, said that you guys, pound for pound, have the best Army on the planet. From what I've seen he wasn't far off.

If i were you, I'd also consider changing your name from Jason, it's no moniker for a paratrooper... not unless you wish to be utilised as a contraceptive by 3 Para Mortars
I was thinking about Thor but I'm not tall or blond enough.

Faye says to shut the fcuk up and move on.

Just change it to Knuckles...

Worked with the Rangers once... they can't drink much beer can they?

If memory serves me right quiet a few of them got a pasting from 2 Para in downtown Aldershot.

Mind you if it had been sailors it would have been a different story.

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
Vagrant said:
I'm below quota this month. I have to bag two more people that spell armor with a 'u' otherwise I'll get a counseling statement.
Sorry septic, we speak ENGLISH, not spam.

What colour were those panels that your mate POPOV36 took a shot at?

Vagrant said:
whose come to pee in your Wheaties. As I couldn't find a "New Member" area I'll post both my introduction and question together.

My name is Jason and I'm a paratrooper in the US Army. First round is on the cherry.

On another board that I am member of we are talking about the 15 sailors and Marines that were taken hostage by Iran and their conduct during captivity. One commenter, a Canadian (or Snow Mexican as we are wont to call them) said that the sailors and Marines acted "as they were trained to."

In the US Army we have the Code of Conduct that details to us how to act in captivity. Do the British Forces have anything similar? Were their actions grounds for a court martial, NJP or just a good beating?
If you are who you say you are and not a scum sucking journo CNUT then it would be nice to hear what you would of done in that situation. From the minute you were out numbered then in captivity. Everything after thats a farce, so just the stuff out in Iraq/Iran.

The_Cad said:
If memory serves me right quiet a few of them got a pasting from 2 Para in downtown Aldershot.
Probably 3rd Batt. The bast@rd children of Ranger Regiment.

Fugly said:
Sorry septic, we speak ENGLISH, not spam.
Crap, sorry, I didn't realize that my native tongue was supposed to be in all capital letters.

Named after his dear ol' mum said:
What color were those panels that your mate POPOV36 took a shot at?
Fixed. And who?

frenchie said:
Dont confuse him with that complicated spelling now, im sure he is just another yank here to help us poor limeys out!
No apostrophes in conjunctions either!

Vagrant said:
frenchie said:
Dont confuse him with that complicated spelling now, im sure he is just another yank here to help us poor limeys out!
No apostrophes in conjunctions either!
Do you mean "commas"? Also, there's no conjunction in the sentence: it's a main clause followed by a subordinate clause and both separated with a comma.

MsG

The_IRON said:
If you are who you say you are and not a scum sucking journo CNUT then it would be nice to hear what you would of done in that situation.
I joined 18 Jan 00 and went to Ft Benning Ga for OSUT and Airborne School. I was stationed in Vicenza, Italy from Jun 00 to Aug 02. During my time in 2nd PLT Bravo Company 1/508th I was a SAW gunner, an RTO, an Assistant Gunner, and then Machine Gunner and deployed to Glogovac (yes, in the British sector) Kosovo. I PCS'd to Fort Bragg, NC. I spent four months in G-3 staff before going to 2nd Plt Alpha Co 2/505 Parachute Infantry Regiment. I deployed to Afghanistan in Jan 03 where I was in Bagram and Asadabad. In Jan 04 I was in SW Baghdad. Now I'm a detailed (read: forced) recruiter in Vermont. I have another 9 months before I go back to the line.

Do I pass muster?

Being as I am who I say I am I would not be in a little inflatable boat. But, I would like to think I would have fought back. If I were captured I would have lasted more than 48 hours and would have resisted to the best of my ability.

CENTURION: What's this, then? 'Romanes Eunt Domus'? 'People called Romanes they go the house'?

BRIAN: It-- it says, 'Romans, go home'.

CENTURION: No, it doesn't. What's Latin for 'Roman'? Come on!

BRIAN: Aah!

CENTURION: Come on!

BRIAN: 'R-- Romanus'?

CENTURION: Goes like...?

BRIAN: 'Annus'?

CENTURION: Vocative plural of 'annus' is...?

BRIAN: Eh. 'Anni'?

CENTURION: 'Romani'. 'Eunt'? What is 'eunt'?

BRIAN: 'Go'. Let--

CENTURION: Conjugate the verb 'to go'.

BRIAN: Uh. 'Ire'. Uh, 'eo'. 'Is'. 'It'. 'Imus'. 'Itis'. 'Eunt'.

CENTURION: So 'eunt' is...?

BRIAN: Ah, huh, third person plural, uh, present indicative. Uh, 'they go'.

CENTURION: But 'Romans, go home' is an order, so you must use the...?

BRIAN: The... imperative!

CENTURION: Which is...?

BRIAN: Umm! Oh. Oh. Um, 'i'. 'I'!

CENTURION: How many Romans?

BRIAN: Ah! 'I'-- Plural. Plural. 'Ite'. 'Ite'.

CENTURION: 'Ite'.

BRIAN: Ah. Eh.

CENTURION: 'Domus'?

BRIAN: Eh.

CENTURION: Nominative?

BRIAN: Oh.

CENTURION: 'Go home'? This is motion towards. Isn't it, boy?

BRIAN: Ah. Ah, dative, sir! Ahh! No, not dative! Not the dative, sir! No! Ah! Oh, the... accusative! Accusative! Ah! 'Domum', sir! 'Ad domum'! Ah! Oooh! Ah!

CENTURION: Except that 'domus' takes the...?

BRIAN: The locative, sir!

CENTURION: Which is...?!

BRIAN: 'Domum'.

CENTURION: 'Domum'.

BRIAN: Aaah! Ah.

CENTURION: 'Um'. Understand?

BRIAN: Yes, sir.

CENTURION: Now, write it out a hundred times.

BRIAN: Yes, sir. Thank you, sir. Hail Caesar, sir.

CENTURION: Hail Caesar. If it's not done by sunrise, I'll cut your balls off.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jumpinjarhead US 66
Y US 0
Y US 0