Another Afghan Incident

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BiscuitsAB, Jul 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Just been notified. Another Incident. NOK of those involved have been informed.

2. R.I.P

3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Jezus.not again! Turning out to be a very sad week.
    RIP Lad,
    My condolences to your family & friends.

4. Biscuits is this a separate incident to the 19 Regt RA earlier or is it the same one? There is nothing new on the MOD website.

5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

I'm afraid it looks like another one, we got a text message from the Btn at about 21:00hrs this eveing.

6. Biscuits if you are the same Btn as me (I also received a text) there was nothing to say whether it was injuries or fatalities and our UWO has been very good at informing us of both ahead of the news networks. So I am hoping that it will not be another fatality and that the injuries are not too bad I don't feel I can do anything but that.

7. Bugger....

RIP Lad, thoughts as always with family and friends...

8. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Just doing some digging on the web still can't find anymore info yet as to what may have happened.

9. Yeah, sorry, my link was to a previous incident.

My apologies

10. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

No worries crabby.

Am just thinking of all the Lads in the Btn and all the folks who got the text message. And the families who got the phone call. As Grad said no detail on fatalities or injuries in the text just "incident occured, NOK informed" kind of thing.

11. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Praying for good news.

12. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Grad

If you have access to the BTn section on Army net can you have a look for me please, our lad has forgotten his bloody password and we can't log on to it.

thanks

13. BBC TV news (after the Diana concert) has just reported the death of another WFR soldier.