Another 23 SAS Selection Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi troops,

I have looked at the threads on here and can’t find what I am looking for. I have reached out to 23 directly and awaiting info back after sending over some details. The army website isn’t giving me my answers either.

I am trying to get a breakdown of the timeframes for each part of selection (as of 2021) and also anything in-between. I believe Alpha is 1 week, Bravo is 2 weeks and CIC is 2 weeks also. Once they have been completed what’s the time commitment/breakdown for the remainder. The zero alpha is keen to know too so she can see how long I will be away
Any help is appreciated

D

Deleted 100463

As has been said, you'll only get that type of info directly from 23 themselves.

Expect a lot of your free time to be taken up even during the week. Good luck

DB_Cooper

Old-Salt
At least there is basic info on 21/23, i'm struggling to get any info from SBS(R), no reply to emails and no one is answering the phone.

I'm assuming its all very similar to 21/23

D

Deleted 100463

At least there is basic info on 21/23, i'm struggling to get any info from SBS(R), no reply to emails and no one is answering the phone.

I'm assuming its all very similar to 21/23
Hope this may be of some use.

Another user on another forum with SBS(R) experience

DB_Cooper

Old-Salt
Hope this may be of some use.

Another user on another forum with SBS(R) experience

cheers much appreciated

Wagner-Group

Old-Salt
IS CIC needed? I thought Phase 1 A/B was enough.

I'd say get some experience first, most of the bods at 23/21 were all either former STABS for several years or former Full time.

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
IS CIC needed? I thought Phase 1 A/B was enough.

I'd say get some experience first, most of the bods at 23/21 were all either former STABS for several years or former Full time.
Bloke I did basic with only joined 3 RRW to gain infantry experience. He did 3 years before jumping over to E Sqn 21 SAS.

Where he did rather well for himself.

Wagner-Group

Old-Salt
Bloke I did basic with only joined 3 RRW to gain infantry experience. He did 3 years before jumping over to E Sqn 21 SAS.

Where he did rather well for himself.
With SASr is all about consistency, miss one weekend and you're out. Bear Grylls said that his troop intake started with over 100 people and by the end of training only 4 got badged.

QRK2

LE
With SASr is all about consistency, miss one weekend and you're out. Bear Grylls said that his troop intake started with over 100 people and by the end of training only 4 got badged.
It's an almost complete different system now, which is hardly surprising given how long ago that individual got through at his second attempt. Weekends are pretty much out of the selection process. You need a civi job that will give you about eight weeks off (probably more in the near future) in two periods over a year.

It's an almost complete different system now, which is hardly surprising given how long ago that individual got through at his second attempt. Weekends are pretty much out of the selection process. You need a civi job that will give you about eight weeks off (probably more in the near future) in two periods over a year.
I look forward to them updating their DIN and recruiting presentations then.

QRK2 is correct. They have binned off the multiple weekends and brought it in line with the regs. The logic is that (if you can’t get time off for selection and training) you’re not going to be able to get time off for operations in which case - what’s the point in joining????? You need to do phase 1 and phase 2 training (doesn’t have to be CIC but if your infantry skills are not good enough you will be told at pre-selection.

The original question was about timings, allow a bare minimum of 1 year to complete phase 1 and 2 training at a reserve unit and another 1 year for selection. Should you succeed you could be badged around 2 years after being attested

skymacuk

Old-Salt
QRK2 is correct. They have binned off the multiple weekends and brought it in line with the regs. The logic is that (if you can’t get time off for selection and training) you’re not going to be able to get time off for operations in which case - what’s the point in joining????? You need to do phase 1 and phase 2 training (doesn’t have to be CIC but if your infantry skills are not good enough you will be told at pre-selection.

The original question was about timings, allow a bare minimum of 1 year to complete phase 1 and 2 training at a reserve unit and another 1 year for selection. Should you succeed you could be badged around 2 years after being attested

I'm also hearing they are doing away with certain weekends and you go straight onto the BAC with out the assessment weekend, also they are changing the format of the BAC( making it more arduous )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads