Another 23 SAS Selection Thread

Hi troops,

I have looked at the threads on here and can’t find what I am looking for. I have reached out to 23 directly and awaiting info back after sending over some details. The army website isn’t giving me my answers either.

I am trying to get a breakdown of the timeframes for each part of selection (as of 2021) and also anything in-between. I believe Alpha is 1 week, Bravo is 2 weeks and CIC is 2 weeks also. Once they have been completed what’s the time commitment/breakdown for the remainder. The zero alpha is keen to know too so she can see how long I will be away
Any help is appreciated

cowgoesmoo

Old-Salt
I'm presuming you've looked at the recruitment page on the army website? 21 & 23 SAS (Reserve)

Probably best to wait for the official reply as things change and anyone who was actually in a position to comment wouldn't be doing so to a total stranger on an anonymous website. I believe subtlety and discretion are much valued by the SF types...

As has been said, you'll only get that type of info directly from 23 themselves.

Expect a lot of your free time to be taken up even during the week. Good luck

Thanks guys will await the reply

DB_Cooper

Old-Salt
At least there is basic info on 21/23, i'm struggling to get any info from SBS(R), no reply to emails and no one is answering the phone.

I'm assuming its all very similar to 21/23

At least there is basic info on 21/23, i'm struggling to get any info from SBS(R), no reply to emails and no one is answering the phone.

i would expect the vast majority to be similar. I do believe the times on the hills is the same as the regulars on Selection.

Hope this may be of some use.

Another user on another forum with SBS(R) experience

DB_Cooper

Old-Salt
Hope this may be of some use.

Another user on another forum with SBS(R) experience

cheers much appreciated

SignalFire

Clanker
IS CIC needed? I thought Phase 1 A/B was enough.

I'd say get some experience first, most of the bods at 23/21 were all either former STABS for several years or former Full time.

IS CIC needed? I thought Phase 1 A/B was enough.

I'd say get some experience first, most of the bods at 23/21 were all either former STABS for several years or former Full time.
Bloke I did basic with only joined 3 RRW to gain infantry experience. He did 3 years before jumping over to E Sqn 21 SAS.

Where he did rather well for himself.

SignalFire

Clanker
Bloke I did basic with only joined 3 RRW to gain infantry experience. He did 3 years before jumping over to E Sqn 21 SAS.

Where he did rather well for himself.
With SASr is all about consistency, miss one weekend and you're out. Bear Grylls said that his troop intake started with over 100 people and by the end of training only 4 got badged.

Latest Threads