Anorexic? The fat police are after you if you're not fat enough!

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by EX_STAB, Nov 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apparently this advert has been deemed "offensive" because the model is "anorexic." Aside from the fact that if I was her agent I'd be suing the ASA for libel what on earth is going on. She's thin for sure but hardly to the extent of looking malnourished. Are thin models to be put out of work to satisfy the egos of fat birds?

"The Advertising Standards Agency (ASA) says the pictures on the website of Drop Dead Clothing were 'socially irresponsible' and told it to remove them."

[​IMG]

Article is from Das Mail if anyone wants to read it.
    Read more: Amanda Hendrick: Bikini photos of top model 'looking anorexic' banned by advertising watchdog | Mail Online

This is somebody who is truly underweight for comparison:

[​IMG]

2. They look anorexic to me. Perhaps they should show more of such models to embarrass the porkers.

3. Fuck me its dale

4. They both look like fucking Ethiopians.

5. The second one looks like she got that way BY fucking Ethiopians.

6. I'd be scared of cutting myself on the second one down.

• Like Like x 1
  7. She's got a yeast infection at the moment, her friends call her the quarterpounder with cheese.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Ah, 1530 Eastern Standard, that magical time of day when Arrse becomes the Australian Rumour Service.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oh my. Even I can't bring myself to hang around a site designed for stick insects. That site is truly shocking.

10. The first model posted IS skinny/verging on anorexic IMO. I don't think it's a matter of 'putting models out of work' necessarily. Rather, clamping down on the kind of image that perpetuates the self-image problems to which young women (and increasingly, men) are prone. Not to mention killing them in a particularly slow and horrible manner.

I considered posting a truly appalling pic of a cast member of the next Tim Burton - Quentin Tarantino blockbuster Dead by Dinnertime. Then I remembered the austerely-worded PM that BCO sent me for posting a dick pic in a certain recent 'poetry' thread. So you'll have to Google 'anorexic models' instead. Jeeee-sus!

11. MTC. You got a bollocking for posting dick pics?

That's hilarious.

Ha Ha.

12. "Poetry of the Penis?"

13. Yep. To be fair, I did wonder if I was going too far when I posted it.

14. Was it that close up (head on, if you will) pic, being held by a left handed chap?