Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anorack heaven

HE117

LE
whisky said:
HE117 said:
I shot one of these in the seventies at Shriv...

The sight did not actually magnify, all it did was to bring the target and the sight reticle into the same optical plane, a bit like the red dot pistol sights.

I is was better than an iron sight, and easier to use as I recall. Also it was very small....

What sight reticule did it use? Was it a dot? A post-reticule?

Ugly: Any chance of posting some of the detailed pics here?

Hmm - it was a Long Time Ago - I think it was a thick post with a thin horizontal - I remember it wasn't a cross as that was what I was expecting.. The other thing I seem to remember was that the image was yellow - perhaps due to degredation of the optics?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
If memory serves, (and it may well not, as I handled EM2 in 1992 for 5 minutes in the Nottingham Pattern Room), the unit power sight reticule was a circle with a dot in the centre. Or did I dream it?

Back to the Torygraph...

ugly

LE
whisky said:
HE117 said:
I shot one of these in the seventies at Shriv...

The sight did not actually magnify, all it did was to bring the target and the sight reticle into the same optical plane, a bit like the red dot pistol sights.

I is was better than an iron sight, and easier to use as I recall. Also it was very small....

What sight reticule did it use? Was it a dot? A post-reticule?

Ugly: Any chance of posting some of the detailed pics here?
Watch and shoot!

Latest Threads