Anonymous post containing leaves and berries

The berries and leaves came in an envelope with a Christmas stamp.
View attachment 553231
Here’s the postmark on the second letter:
View attachment 553232
The address was on a sticky label with only the surname and correct address, so they may not necessarily have been intended for niece and/or nephew.
They have reported it to local police who weren’t interested.
It certainly doesn’t fit any previously reported incidences.
We are working on the idea this is a wind-up. No member of the family or close friends have fessed up though.
So it’s wait out to see if any more arrive.
Just out of interest, do you have access to a UV light source ? just to see if the stamp is a genuine or fake one ?

We've had junk mail with " invalid" stamps on, wise to it now and they get refused.

Has the OP or any of his family recently upset any little old grey haired ladies with an Irish accent who were selling lucky white heather or clothing line drying pegs?

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
we had an odd parcel last year, I opened it to find a bar of expensive chocolate, before enquires could be made about the sender it had vanished, the chief tester said it was ok
nice to know and very reassuring
it was a gift from the Times, which my wife does not read !!

Has the OP or any of his family recently upset any little old grey haired ladies with an Irish accent who were selling lucky white heather or clothing line drying pegs?
I was wondering about that. They’re a bit short on the ground here in CH, but sarf Lunnun ...

B42T

LE
I buy most of my shirts from Charles Tyrwhitt. Not too pricey and if you keep your eye open for their adverts on Facebook and log on through there, you can get some real bargain prices.

Expect to pay around £60/£70 per shirt which is reasonable enough but it can be as low as £19/£25 if you find an advert for them on facebook.

Four shirts for £240 can become less than £100!

The quality is great and they do a variety of fits so you should be able to get them your size without having to have them altered. One of the pitfalls of buying clothing online.

I get some emails and also the occasional catalogue though the post. They’ve never sent me leaves or berries though.

60 / 70 squid, reasonable for a shirt?
fk me when did you win the lottery?

I've seen one report that says its a common practice for Chinese vendors to mass-mail seeds as a cheap way of maintaining their postal service bulk discounts. I.e. if they don't have enough regular orders to hit the qualifying count, then they just make up the numbers with this seed spam.

I don't know why some of the spam is UK origin, but perhaps they have a Royal Mail forwarding deal or something.
(p.s. I'm not sure why the Chinese have lower international postage rates than the local rates in countries like Britain. Everything seems to be stacked in their favour.)
Its a state funded subsidiy operation to keep the trade deficits of the west artificially high and make it hard or impossible for western businesses to compete.

A couple of weird packages may be strange but it's not exactly evidence of criminality. Why should the police be interested? Gen question.
The point being, particularly the leaves and berries, who knows what they could portend.
Agreed not exactly evidence of a crime, but the police are also in the crime prevention game.