Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Crunchie, Apr 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does it exist on this site.

I only ask as i am aware that recently several posters have withdrawn from this site due to witch hunting.

I do know that one in particular was being hunted by senior officers, who were e mailing and discussing how they could get his id from the Arrse site.

So if we post something that doesn't meet with our lord and masters views can we be found from this site?

Just curious, not intending on posting anything controversial.
  2. while witches should be hunted, burned, drowned and then burned again I would have thought that a hotmail account and not posting stupidly identifying crap was the best option
  3. Britbeagle, That would have been my take on things, but not quite so sure after the impression i was given.

Basically it was implied that some of the MODs where known and could be relied upon to id this person.

May have been all bluff and hot air and to be honest i wasn't all that interested, personally think this is a public site and any interference from these people would have just made them look foolish. But it was a bit disconcerting to think people could post on here and then get an invite for a chat without coffee.
  4. I don't think the mods are intelligent enough to work out that I am John Venables.
  5. Works both ways, if your a Walt it wont take long to suss you out, but If you are a wonder warrior/ super soldier, with a history to die for, like me, then people can check you out and have to eat their words of attempted humiliation
  6. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

Actually, **I'm** john venables.
  7. Well I'm Maddie so there. :D
  8. If people don't want to be identified, don't be identifiable. If you are happy to be identifiable, then don't post anything that you wouldn't want attributable to you. Simple enough really.
  9. Agreed but i guess you post at your own risk mate, i don't honestly think privacy and anonymity exist anymore
  10. interesting question, has there been an example of someone having been identified on here, by their name, unit etc, when they were trying to hide it?
  11. Your bang on there, look how many have come unstuck on that one, in the old days of steam radio we were told that everything you said was heard by many, now it is read by millions.
  12. You're fit - you 16 yet?
  13. It's "anonymity", by the way.

I have no idea whether moderators drop you in it with your Army bosses?
    The moderators know our log-in email addresses, so it might be better to use an anonymous email address?

I made the stupid mistake of choosing a username that indicated I was a member of a small community. :oops: And I am a bit inclined to disclose stuff in posts. :oops: There cannot be many 35 year old, auburn-haired transexuals living here, who drive Fiat Puntos. 8O But, if a neighbour read stuff on Arrse and asked if I was the owner of my username, I could deny all knowledge ...... I guess.

If you choose a username like "charliesangels956" and use it as your log-in for every single website you use (including your regimental one) ..... and have it showing as your email address on Facebook, you might be easy to follow.

If you use your real name on Facebook and your profile picture is the same as your Arrse avatar and you have your Arrse friends as your Facebook friends and you post on Arrse, Facebook and your regimental forums about the same topic and the same opinions .......... etc.

But, basically, it seems that, unless you have something to hide, or are really unpopular, then who gives a fcuk?

EDIT: And, as FiveAlpha reminded me (below), if you want to remain anonymous, don't put a photo in Arrse Gallery ......... or (presumably?) RearParty's or RumRation's?
  14. It doesn't really matter. Since about a month after I left with new daddy I've had a minge like a wizard's sleeve. I've been working in a brothel in Thailand for the past year and I don't think I'll ever be able to feel anything smaller than a fat mans fist up me.
  15. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I am so glad to hear you are having such a nice time.