Annual Leave / Holiday

Applied to join Army as Registered Adult Nurse (Soldier)

I have a 3 week visit to USA Booked for 9th - 30th Oct 2014.

Potentially, I will have already completed basic training by then, and as I am due to qualify as a registered nurse in January, my entry will effectively bypass Phase 2 because phase 2 is to go to train as a registered nurse.

In theory, I should be working within my first unit / working with the Corps before this date, but does anyone know if the Army will honor leave for pre-booked holidays ?

Is this something I need to discuss with my CSM ASAP OR Should I wait until my final interview at ADSC ?

Cheers

Applied to join Army as Registered Adult Nurse (Soldier)

I have a 3 week visit to USA Booked for 9th - 30th Oct 2014.

Potentially, I will have already completed basic training by then, and as I am due to qualify as a registered nurse in January, my entry will effectively bypass Phase 2 because phase 2 is to go to train as a registered nurse.

In theory, I should be working within my first unit / working with the Corps before this date, but does anyone know if the Army will honor leave for pre-booked holidays ?

Is this something I need to discuss with my CSM ASAP OR Should I wait until my final interview at ADSC ?

Cheers
I would suggest getting good insurance and checking it covers have leave removed. I can't see the Army honouring that as such as I doubt they have decided where exactly you are going to be at that time. If you are going to be qualified in a unit by that time you could potentially be deployed.

Haha!

Well the first 6 - 12 Months you have to get signed off as competently registered via a preceptorship program, which, unless I get deployed to cyprus MDHU for that, would mean I'd be in the UK for that period of time.

I have holiday insurance, but I'd get a full refund minus the deposit (£350), should I need to cancel.

I'll have to discuss it with my CSM / at interview and see what's said about it.

I guess the other option is to defer basic training until after the holiday.