Annual Leave / Holiday

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by jondavis30, Aug 16, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Applied to join Army as Registered Adult Nurse (Soldier)

I have a 3 week visit to USA Booked for 9th - 30th Oct 2014.

Potentially, I will have already completed basic training by then, and as I am due to qualify as a registered nurse in January, my entry will effectively bypass Phase 2 because phase 2 is to go to train as a registered nurse.

In theory, I should be working within my first unit / working with the Corps before this date, but does anyone know if the Army will honor leave for pre-booked holidays ?

Is this something I need to discuss with my CSM ASAP OR Should I wait until my final interview at ADSC ?

2. I would suggest getting good insurance and checking it covers have leave removed. I can't see the Army honouring that as such as I doubt they have decided where exactly you are going to be at that time. If you are going to be qualified in a unit by that time you could potentially be deployed.
  3. Also I have been drinking and cant be fucked to edit that above post. Cheers
  4. Haha!

Well the first 6 - 12 Months you have to get signed off as competently registered via a preceptorship program, which, unless I get deployed to cyprus MDHU for that, would mean I'd be in the UK for that period of time.

I have holiday insurance, but I'd get a full refund minus the deposit (£350), should I need to cancel.

I'll have to discuss it with my CSM / at interview and see what's said about it.

I guess the other option is to defer basic training until after the holiday.