Annual leave CUT!!

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by joe_90, Nov 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all

Does anyone know weather this rumour is true, that as of april we will be losing 2 days leave??

apparently it has been openly publicised, but i for one haven't seen it!! :?
  2. Makes no odds to me, I never get time to take the full entitlement, too fcukin busy mate.
  3. Yep. Just announced. That'll cheer everyone up..... :D

4. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Unfortunately not a Wah!
  5. Comes in on April 1?
  6. Have you got a reference document or can you provide a link to cheer us all up!
  7. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Will try and find it.
  8. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

As a result of the EU Working Time Directive (WTD), all individuals now have a legal right to 28 days leave a year. This has resulted in changes to Service leave allowances. With effect from 1 Apr 09, personnel will have a total of 38 days leave, of which 28 will be a right and the remaining 10, including 8 public holidays, a privilege.
  9. I thought we got 30 at present-2 of which were priv anyway-this aldso saves the JPA bods the nause of putting your bank hols back on if you are on leave over the hol.
  10. After a carry over because of tour last year, POTL, Telic 11 this year , POTL 3 weeks summer leave, 10 of which were re-location leave, I still have 30 days to take pre Apr 09.

A plan would be to be able to transfer and sell your leave dates to the RENFs who when you are on Tour use up all there leave and then moan that they have to do Guards etc when your on POTL or Block leave, because they have no leave left. I for one would be all for it!
  11. There is to be a change to leave from 1 Apr 09 - 28 & 8 days bank holidays - as now & 2 days priv - this brings the total up to what it is now. The only real change is the "right" to 28 days.

Edited to add:

Beaten to it!! - Reference is:

DG Pers letter AG/HQ/1/23/3 dated 29 Sep 08.
  12. With current personnel levels at 96,000 - that gives the MoD an extra 192,000 working days out of the Army...!

However, if true, It will probably also reduce personel levels to below 90,000...
  13. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM there has got to be some small print exempting 28 days for service reasons, its impossible to fit it in as it is.
  14. I never got much chance to take all my leave before I left the green. I get 25 days now as a civvy and for the second year running I've had to carry over 5 days. I get bank holidays too, but how the heck I managed with just 4 weeks off last year I dont know!

On the other side of the coin theres FLIC, (Fat Lazy Idle Cnut) who because of time in post and various other regulations regarding his contract gets 38 days, bank holidays and accrues enough time for 8 flex-time days a year for probably a grand total of about 56 working days holidays a year which he certainly ensures he takes.

I guess it's just the background I come from, get the work out of the way then have your holidays for me. For him its get on holiday and out of the way of work. CNUT!!!!
  15. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

FWIW, the Dutch often work 4 days out of 5. e.g. I work MON-THU and have FRI-SUN for quality time, or reefers..