Annual 2006

Westdown Camp, SPTA.

Altcar for an annual? god have mercy on your souls. couldnt spend more than a weekend in that place. yet to find out where we're heading.

Xplosiverab said:
Eh....>>Explain!!

You must have some muppets at County HQ!
Well........... yes we have :)

Apparently there will not be enough accomodation for all the county. so they are thinking of sending only the most senior 1 stars and above. Senior being the one with only one or two subjects left to pass.

Muppets....... definately :)

WeeWillyWinkie said:
Altcar for an annual? god have mercy on your souls. couldnt spend more than a weekend in that place. yet to find out where we're heading.
when u have your night off, you go down to Liverpool for a p1ss up

escape_artists_never_die said:
Spike,

You'll be pleased to hear you'll be getting some of Tayforth's *finest* this year :roll:. Sadly I don't think I'll be able to make it this year :(
Better make sure the mess bar is well stocked then! :lol:

semper said:
when u have your night off, you go down to Liverpool for a p1ss up
8O What night off?

Suits you, why dont your county try to book napier aswell. that way your could split up you county between the two camps. We did a similar thing last year with Napier and the camp just across the road (name escapes me). Worked out pretty well. We had two regiments on napier and another regiment on the other camp. 3 stars and 4 star/SCIC were on the one camp though.

Spike, fremington is a good camp, but im not sure about it being good for county size. The best thing about it is that its close to shops for sneaking out and is in a good area for AT. went last year on AT and am going back this year to do the same sort of thing. Plus it has a great naafi and a good size sports pitch.

As far as myself is concerned i will be of to Longmoor, never been there myself although i hear its a prety good camp with excellent accomadatioin.

Stockton96 said:
Suits you, why dont your county try to book napier aswell. that way your could split up you county between the two camps. We did a similar thing last year with Napier and the camp just across the road (name escapes me). Worked out pretty well. We had two regiments on napier and another regiment on the other camp. 3 stars and 4 star/SCIC were on the one camp though.

Spike, fremington is a good camp, but im not sure about it being good for county size. The best thing about it is that its close to shops for sneaking out and is in a good area for AT. went last year on AT and am going back this year to do the same sort of thing. Plus it has a great naafi and a good size sports pitch.

As far as myself is concerned i will be of to Longmoor, never been there myself although i hear its a prety good camp with excellent accomadatioin.
Was there 3 years ago.I was on my ITC.The food was that crap in the mess,the kids complained to their parents,who complained to the Boss,who sacked the caterers in the second week! No coffee in the mess in the mornings,overcooked or undercooked food,we went down the local pub,the Red Lion? & ate food bought over from the chinkie across the road.
Although we are nowhere near county size,with only about 250 Cadets at most,coming from N.I.
I enjoyed it.The weather was scorching & all PT & physical activities were banned by the M.O.
Looking forward to it this year too.
Spike

ah ok, i was there about roughly a year ago for AT. The food was actualley quite good as i can remember. Yes the weather is lovely.

Looking forward to going back there at the end of May.