Annoying and obstructive ads -AVIS... pack of cnuts

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by mercurydancer, Apr 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Whilst I can see why this site makes a little money from advertising, there is a limit.

Avis adverts. I have repeatedly tried to access some pages of this site I have been redirected to the Avis car rental site. This is unacceptable. This is intrusive advertisement. There does not seem to be any way to escape the ads.

The Avis ads obstruct the site to a great extent and to the point where I have to log off to escape their advertisements. The pop up ad is clearly designed to obstruct the page. The "close" button just brings another Avis ad onto the site.

Its also counterproductive. I wouldnt go to Avis for car rental because of their ads. Fcuk em.
  2. And I thought it was just me, it drops down and blocks the top line.
  3. It's a new game..'Beat the ******* AVIS flag.'

Haha! Just noticed the ad for Economy car Hire that has appeared at the bottom.
  4. mercurydancer

Mods.. any action?
  5. Agreed, come on Mods this one is fecking annoying.
  6. Install adblock and stop shimfing like a pack of cunts.
  7. mercurydancer

I know I'm a poncy bastard but I have an Apple mac and adblock cannot be installed to my beloved and efficient computer.
  8. Serves you right for buying a silly girls laptop.
  9. pssst wanna buy a link to adblock and a popup blocker? Meet me at the firefox website. I'll be carrying a copy of Viz. bring cash.
  10. mercurydancer

Its not a laptop but the full 27 inch applemac. It just works. It just does. It crashes less times than Air France aircraft.
  11. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Can't do anything at the moment as on phone only. A screen shot of the problem would be useful though.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
  12. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Am struggling to duplicate the problem - any chance of a screenshot pse?
  13. for the love of god could you get rid of this? It senses you're near it, so it expands over the forward/backward/pick new forum area, and the thing won't then close (unless you are milimetrically precise on hitting the little 'x'), so instead of moving thru arrse you are sent to book a hire car. It's driving me up the wall!
  14. Screenshot here:

Obtrusive Avis advert.jpg
  15. Hmm. The Avis ad drove me mad too, but now seems to have gone. At least I haven't seen it for a while. Could you bring it back so that I can do a screenshot?