Anniversary present.

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by Wangers, Sep 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi
    I would appreciate some advice. It's our first wedding anniversary this October and I want to buy my husband a new watch.
    I'd like a military style one and with a metal strap not leather.

I have no idea what a good military watch is and having been on some websites, all of the watches sold on there appear to have been the second thing through the windows of the Iranian Embassy.
    I'm very wary of anything branded Special Forces as usually their not and neithers my husband. He's AGC, but I can't find a Barbie watch that will fit his big wrists.

Any advice would be appreciated!!

2. Pop along to the Officers forum. There is a lengthy (and at times just a little too homo-erotic....) thread on watches there.

Watch thread

10 pages of fun...

3. Try Argos they have some good Disney Characters ie Mickey Mouse!!. tee hee

4. Thanks for the tips.
    I've read the 10 page thread and feel slighty dirty and voyeuristic after reading it!

I'll try Telford and the Soldier magazine page recommended.

Thanks again

5. Have a look at the bathy site on here there are some nice and sexy ones on there

6. Your first wedding anniversary and you're going to get your hubby .... a watch?

The straps he will really appreciate are black and frilly and go twang when plucked. :twisted:

I'll get my coat...

Litotes

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Head and steak!
    edited to add coat and door!

8. Please tell me that watch thread was a F**king pishtake!

9. Sexy watches??

10. Litotes - It's not that I'm boring, but for my first wedding anniversary present he's knocked me up.
    So at nearly 7 months preggers suspender belts and basques are not really an option. They are what got me in this state in the first place!

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Good reply!

12. Zippo Watches are really good looking