Anniversary of Gibraltar shootings today.

Or "Why did you shoot her 14 times?"
" I had a stoppage"

Got to admit I had a quick flash back to the sense of elation I felt when I first heard the news about Gibraltar, these were murdering scum who took it as an occupational hazard that should they be caught up with, then the outcome would never be in doubt. They knew it was coming, just never knew where or when.

Somebody mentioned Bobby Sands before, I've got to admit to having mixed feelings about this guy. I was in Belfast the day he died, and there was hell on all over the city. Operating out of Girdwood park as it was then, I spent most of the night at the old unity flats, where as well as a great deal of anger amongst the locals, there was real sadness verging on grief. Sands had the guts and the belief to stand for what he thought, and he seen it through to the end. He was a young guy, who along with a few others took their own lives in one of the most torturous ways possible. Nice to see his mates in power in Northern Ireland now!!!

KevinB said:
Bad as they might have been, I wish for no one's death.
Prevention is always better than cure.

Shame we didnt do the same right from source and pop a cap in Adams and McGuiness's arse too.......Paisley should have just been thrown in the Irish Sea.

owen1923 said:
Got to admit I had a quick flash back to the sense of elation I felt when I first heard the news about Gibraltar, these were murdering scum who took it as an occupational hazard that should they be caught up with, then the outcome would never be in doubt. They knew it was coming, just never knew where or when.

Somebody mentioned Bobby Sands before, I've got to admit to having mixed feelings about this guy. I was in Belfast the day he died, and there was hell on all over the city. Operating out of Girdwood park as it was then, I spent most of the night at the old unity flats, where as well as a great deal of anger amongst the locals, there was real sadness verging on grief. Sands had the guts and the belief to stand for what he thought, and he seen it through to the end. He was a young guy, who along with a few others took their own lives in one of the most torturous ways possible. Nice to see his mates in power in Northern Ireland now!!!
Bobby Sands? Was he an early TV Celebrity Chef? Or an early Eating disorders consultant.?
Never knew him and don't want to if he was a pal of Gerry Adams.
:?

Alsacien said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/march/7/newsid_2516000/2516155.stm

The 3 innocent tourists (who just all happened to be known terrorists),

I thought that you were referring to the three who walked away from one of the most notorious prisons in Colombia, until I read the thread title again. Blair ensured on this occassion there'd be a different outcome. Well Jerry did ask politely after all. 8)

KevinB said:
Victorian_Major said:
'Why did you shoot him fourteen times?'

'...because I ran out of bullets!'

I've no problem with our celebrating the deaths of three criminals in preference to our mourning the deaths of scores of innocents.
I've seen too much death on all sides, mate. Is why I can no longer celebrate or rejoice at anyone's.
Oh go on, have yourself a holiday on this very special occasion...

Back in 2002 I was at Gibralter and went past the garage everyday, I didn't think it had much future for a battlefield tour.

I think I'd be tempted to tread on any flowers I found there. They wouldn't be commemorating anything good.

I'd go, and raise a glass of Bushmills.

These cnuts wanted to detonate a massive bomb amongst Military Bandsman and the tourists who would have flocked to see the spectacle. No doubt killing and maiming a fair few innocents.

That the boys from the "boathouse" knew about their intentions and asked them in a robust manner to desist from their course of action, is a win for the good guys.

Good riddence to scum.

"Here's to bloody wars and sickly seasons" (raises glass).

Well I just raised a glass to the good and honest servants of the Crown who despatched the worthless Sinn Fein/IRA scum back in 1988.

I look forward to raising a glass to those who finish off McGuinness and Adams.

I was going to pop down to Gib, and have a couple of warmers into the bank by way of marking the occasion.

EX_STAB said:
I understand how you feel about those two b@stards, but truly, is better to deal with the devil we know. I don't want to see NI immersed in the Troubles again - and if something were to happen to them, all hell would break loose.

Brush_Dust_Shake said:
I knew there was a reason for Mrs.B_D_S buying me that bottle of Stolichnaya the other day.........I hope to neck as much of it as I did the night Bobby Sands won Slimmer of the Year 1981. Cheers! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
I like the graffity that appeared the artists (and weren't they good) had painted a wall with a picture of Bobby Sands and the caption

"BOBBY SANDS IS FREE"

Someone had written underneath

"SO WAS THE FOOD"

jaybee2786 said:
You mean this is not funny lol
I had that on a t-shirt! On the back was a list of the Regiments greatist hits and the words SAS World Tour!

In my own defence, I was 16 at the time... :oops:

KevinB said:
EX_STAB said:
I understand how you feel about those two b@stards, but truly, is better to deal with the devil we know. I don't want to see NI immersed in the Troubles again - and if something were to happen to them, all hell would break loose.
Yes MI5 would be most pished off at 2 touts less :roll:

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
KevinB said:
Bad as they might have been, I wish for no one's death.
Prevention is always better than cure.

Shame we didnt do the same right from source and pop a cap in Adams and McGuiness's arse too.......Paisley should have just been thrown in the Irish Sea.

Oh, come on...think of the enviromental catastrophy that would have caused! 8O

Worse than the fcuking Exxon Valdeez! :twisted:

chocolate_frog said:
I'd go, and raise a glass of Bushmills.

These cnuts wanted to detonate a massive bomb amongst Military Bandsman and the tourists who would have flocked to see the spectacle. No doubt killing and maiming a fair few innocents.

That the boys from the "boathouse" knew about their intentions and asked them in a robust manner to desist from their course of action, is a win for the good guys.

Good riddence to scum.

"Here's to bloody wars and sickly seasons" (raises glass).
Yes, and not just Bandsmen either. We, a coy of RIrish who were there to replace some Anglians, were meant to be on that parade, which was cancelled natch, so I am raising a glass tonight. I met one of them later, an Irishman himself, and bought him a beer in DOYs.