Anne meets troops in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Oct 5, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. I am very impressed. Seriously impressed.

Now who hasn't been there ?

Only the un-elected can be bothered to visit.
  3. First class effort from The Princess Royal, but she's always been like this :
  4. Good for her and good for the troops. :D
  5. Very Typical of her - I really admire her.
  6. For their faults the Royal Family actually show concern and consideration for this country and its inhabitants, the same cant be said of most others, especially politicians.

Its good to see the Princess Royal continuing this tradition.
  7. Why do generals always have names like Ed and Bob, instead of Rupert and (I kid you not) Ponsonby. Do they recruit them straight from civvy street?
  8. Old school Royalty, more gumption then her brother.
  9. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

And in the small print: "She was accompanied on the trip by her husband Rear Admiral Timothy Laurence....."

What it doesn't mention is that he is high up in the MoD heirarchy - he's far more than a 'consort' - and he got there entirely on his own merit. He'll no doubt come back with some uncomfortable questions, by he'll be looking out for the Troops, that's for sure.

A sensible and useful Royal Couple - an an object lesson to some other couples who may consider themselves to be 'royalty', perhaps?
  10. The Priness Royal is great value, lived at Sandhurst when Capt Mark Phillips was an instructor there.

Well done her.

As an aside I'd like to point out that Des Browne is a cnut. TCB.
  11. 3 cheers for her good to hear HRH's are doing their bit as per
  12. Seroiusly impressed indeed.
    Now, where is our president, he seems to be keen on air miles, why has he not got off his PC twitching spineless arrse ??? maybe he has to ask george for the green light first
    Well done Anne & Rear Admiral! (shows some minerals does that)
  13. She certainly has gotta lotta bottle
  14. ...she's strangely attractive, in a horsey, rigorous way! 8O
  15. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Big teeth too. Frightening.