• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Anna Soubry - Clinically Insane or just Barking Mad - Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
All,

Having just seen yet another spouting of Blx from Anna Soubry on Brexit i do wonder if she is Clinically Insane or just Barking Mad

Your thoughts please

I dont understand why Soubry doesn't change the side she sits on in the House of Commons, and help to topple the government. The woman is off her rocker and hopefully will leave politics entirely at the next General Election.

Very weird presentation "skills" and childish body chemistry. Awful listening skills and very dismissive (rudely) of opinions not of her own. Constantly interruptive, looks at the ceiling pouting, rolls her eyes with her mouth open/chin dropped... the lot. I'm not sure she is quite a V8 on all cylinders to be honest. Certainly not comfortable to listen to.

Someone on here a few weeks back posted that she was seen openly having a conversation with herself. From what I have seen of her recently, she certainly seems to have become more 'intense' and unreasonable. Brexit seems to be eating her up. It's her way or no way.

Can the Whips have an MP referred to a shrink ?
Is sanity even a requirement of holding a seat as a Member of Parliament ?
Serious questions .

D

Deleted 155579

I'm sure her constituency party are awfully proud to have her represent them, or is it simply her majority is less than a thousand and on a wafer thin majority like that someone has made an assumption, she as the incumbent is better off not deselected.

Assuming the 25k tories who voted for her, feel the same, seems to be lost in the mix.

and hopefully will leave politics entirely at the next General Election.
Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, she'll be replaced by another low quality clone - repeat and rinse across countless constituencies.

Very weird presentation "skills" and childish body chemistry. Certainly not comfortable to listen to.
She is an ex ITV morning TV presenter, so that adds up! :smile:

Positives: I don't think she is a "bad" person and I doubt she has any bad intent. She means well and is passionate about doing the right thing. That can be a good thing, as evidenced by her speech today referencing BBC's harassment of Sir Cliff Richard.

Negatives: She comes across as very binary in her opinion. This puts her at odds with her constituents, her colleagues and those of the public that disagree with her opinion. Unfortunately she seems to start at passion level 8 and turns it up as she gets frustrated. Backing down is next to impossible as she finds herself in a logic conundrum. As she can't back down she has to fight. Having made a decision and believing that all the evidence supports her belief, any threat will only cause her to turn up her intensity to 11.

I don't think she's really insane although it can appear that way. Ultimately getting stuck in a logic conundrum and being unable to get out of it might make her have a breakdown. I think it's the way she is wired. Loose cannon? Definitely. Unfortunately (for her) I don't think she has the flexibility of reasoning for a cabinet job.

Last edited:

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
A massive ego + A certain fondness for 'a drop of the critter' = Anna Soubry
Drop of the critter?

Ove my aged head, I'm afraid.

I'm sure her constituency party are awfully proud to have her represent them, or is it simply her majority is less than a thousand and on a wafer thin majority like that someone has made an assumption, she as the incumbent is better off not deselected.

Assuming the 25k tories who voted for her, feel the same, seems to be lost in the mix.
She’s in a lot of trouble with her constituency party, many of whom want her dropped. It’s unlikely she’ll receive the nomination to stand in the next GE.

She cannot comprehend why her statements about 'respecting Brexit' are not seen as consistent with being a main speaker at an expensive 'Exit Brexit' dinner.

She hates the Moggster with a passion, while he remains polite and true to his campaigning and to all of the PMs Brrexit addresses over the last year or so.

Very annoying that she is brought on as a Tory 'voice of reason' by Aunty. But then, the Beeb Producers are also part of Junker's fifth column

Positives: I don't think she is a "bad" person and I doubt she has any bad intent. She means well and is passionate about doing the right thing. That can be a good thing, as evidenced by her speech today referencing BBC's harassment of Sir Cliff Richard.

Negatives: She comes across as very binary in her opinion. This puts her at odds with her constituents, her colleagues and those of the public that disagree with her opinion. Unfortunately she seems to start at passion level 8 and turns it up as she gets frustrated. Backing down is next to impossible as she finds herself in a logic conundrum. As she can't back down she has to fight. Having made a decision and believing that all the evidence supports her belief, any threat will only cause her to turn up her intensity to 11.

I don't think she's really insane although it can appear that way. Ultimately getting stuck in a logic conundrum and being unable to get out of it might make her have a breakdown. I think it's the way she is wired. Loose cannon? Definitely. Unfortunately (for her) I don't think she has the flexibility of reasoning for a cabinet job.
your description sounds a lot like Jeremy Corbyn

your description sounds a lot like Jeremy Corbyn
Interesting point. She is not an IRA supporter. Corbyn tells lies. He does u turns and seeks to achieve his aims by any means. The rant mode and the "care" for "the people" may seem to have similarities but they are very, different people with very different outlooks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.