Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Ankles

Hi

I've started my fitness training in order to get my BMI down and pass the medical for TA entry. I'm having problems with my right ankle, when I try to flex my ankles my left ankle bends completely and I can point my foot well towards my body but my right ankle just won't do it, my foot can only get to 90 degrees. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I didn't have this problem during my previous service.

SmithsRail said:
both of my ankles can only go to 90 degrees and I don't have any problems lol :x

Hurts like hell when running. There doesn't seem to be as much flexibility in my right ankle. Does anyone else have any suggestions? Don't want to go to my TA unit as I don't want them to know - prefer to sort this out without involving them

Personally I found having sports massage helped loads. And he was very experienced in the causes and rehab of injuries. My injury wasn't ankles, but he fixed it, and helped me to not do it again.

Most gyms have one, but try and find one with personal recommendations, as they're not cheap, and you don't want to be just giving money away!