Anjem Choudray on Newsnight

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by jack-daniels, Mar 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Isn't he untouchable? Falls into the 'protected' category? Surely he should have been cautioned or arrested (or both) after slandering that LBC Presenter live on air? Called her a prostitute and a promoter of pedophilia if I recall.

Obviously there won't be any comeback on that. Maybe Chakrabharti can get him a payout for 'hurt feelings'?
  2. You can always beat in debate those who have nothing intelligent to say!

Their country, WHICH one?

Like some of the youth here in the UK you have to engage them in open / honest debate, give them a chance to air their grievancies, then put them on a plane from Luton, to a country that promises NOT to torture them!

And they would find in most middle eastern countries, the same FREEDOMS, I think not!

Perhaps ALL those who have been seen to-date and others who wish to air their views in the same maner as these did in Luton, then arrest and given them the option, sign this CONTRACT, or pack your bags mate, it's either a Labour Camp or deportation . . . .
  3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

You kind of wonder what bollox the guy is talking about, lets step back and let the forces of islamist equality take over.

Personally, as a former soldier, I'm now of the opinion of let them sort themselves out. Quite frankly I couldn't give a monkeys chuff if they blow each other to shit. We've tried, we've offered, but they know best, well fcuk off then and do it your way.
  4. Command_doh

Can't do that. They are nearly all citizens or permanent residents. It - hard as it is for many to accept - IS their country. And all this (meant in the broadest sense, and simply put - as if it was an undercover resistance movement) will stop ONLY when the Sharia is in effect in this land. This is the ultimate goal. It WILL take several generations, perhaps hundreds of years to fully implement.

But it will happen.

It's demographics. Muslim families (statistically) reproduce well above average, I believe it is 1.1 child more than their 'ethnic' british fellow citizens. Then you have migration effects, which are sizeable and increasing rapidly. Then you have the 'marry from the village' (ancestral home country) factor for many Muslim girls of 16/17 years of age. Add to this the 10 years (maybe slightly longer) before Turkey is granted full EU membership, then you have a country with a 70 million population (99% of which is muslim according to official figures) - expected to double to 149 million in the next 20 or so years as 50% of the population is under the age of 30 - and massive numbers of those people will be seeking EU prosperity (handouts, free houses?) in EU member states. Now it is well known that there are many Turks living in Germany, but a significant number of them only live there because of the 1970's economic migrancy laws introduced by the West Germans, and they have no love for either Germany or the Germans. So which English speaking, (allegedly, not so much at the moment) economically prosperous country in Western Europe does that leave?
  5. Choudrey has, in my opinion, some fairly repellant views but I, for one, am glad that we live in a society where views like his can be opined (provided it does not break the law).

His views may be extreme and unaligned with most of society's but an irrational, emotive outburst in the press and elsewhere will only serve to give his arguments the oxygen of publicity that he so badly needs.

Choudrey is an articulate and persuasive (ex)lawyer - the appropriate method of undermining his arguments would be to ensure that equally articulate and persuasive opponents are brought to bear when he is given the opportunity to voice his opinions. The Sun or the Mail (or indeed the broadsheets, in this case) and their rants will only serve to recruit easily persuaded young muslims to his cause. Gen Cordingley's measured and calm response was a good start - now let's find some really big guns to bring well-considered arguments to the table.
  6. Hmmm....

One of his views paraphased;

"I am presenting an alternative to the British way of life. If you do not like the alternative that I am presenting you are free to leave Britain."

Um Ok... You crack on fella but remember there are less than 2 million muslims in this country and most of them prefer the British way of life over the un-enlightened garbage which should be consigned to history that you propose.
  7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I'm kind of angry that a minority nobody is championing the cause that is full of sh1t.
  8. These terribly nice Muslim people are just a little barmy. So perhaps we should tell these nice people: You are just fools and radicals, "idiots" as David Davies said on radio. Best advice ? Take Kirsty Wark's advice and leave the country, you're not wanted and the British public won't put up with you because you do rather make our streets very unpleasant.

Have you also forgotten what happened in London and do you really think that we want to see extremists on our streets?

Please also Get a Job, pay back (all of) your benefits, then stop taking our benefits if you dislike us all so much. Leave our troops alone, stop being a pain in the ass, and then just go home (oh and please take all your baggage with you)

Thank you very much. :D
  9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

10. That's about the size of your vocabulary is it ? See you managed to string a one word sentence together, congrats.
    But let's not descend into further abuse, , that would make me as bone as you, wouldn't it? Not playing, sorry :D
  11. Oxygen thief.

If 13 of my mates and I staged a little protest against something in my local high street, it wouldn't even make the Yorkshire Press, let alone national news, but that's what has happened here. This tiny protest has been a massive publicity coup for these loonies- let's hope negative publicity though. Can anyone who watches him fail to feel contempt for him?

12. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Thanks for my one word sentence, did you miss the one word bit? Cnut?
  13. Command_doh

I do hope this is not just another ignorant rant against Muslims generally? And what part of the statement 'THESE PEOPLE ARE BRITISH CITIZENS' did you miss?

This IS their home ffs. They (fundamentalists) just want it modelled on the tenets set down by Allah, as told to the prophet Muhammad. There is NO seperation of Church and State, there are NO borders of the Umma (united brethren of Muslims worldwide), Democracy is an anathema to them, and Western civilisation is morally corrupt, decadent and odious to their way of life.

Once we all accept that this is a key part of what they are fighting/campaigning for, it is easier to understand why their demands will NEVER go away, will NEVER be compromised, and how they are perfectly happy to effect these changes over generations by 'creeping'.

Western European Governments have effectively delared Islam off limits from any and all critcism, and are loathe to offend Muslims in any way. Now that has happened, it only future solidifies the platform on which the radicals make increasingly more vocal and frequent demands. Sadly, I see this culminating in a deeper distrust between communities, greater racial polarisation and susicion amongst ethnic groups and eventually race hate attacks/killings and public rioting. Im actually amazed there hasn't been a significant incident since the Burnley/Bradford riots.
  14. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Lets give them a kiss, or should we tire a bit of being inclusive?