Animated signature blocks

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Sixty, Apr 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

A request:

There have been a number of comments made regarding the excessive number of sig block animations in some users sigs and their detrimental effect on speed (especially on DII).

The size of animations you can add directly is limited by the site but to curtail ones which are linked to off-site, we'd have to block all videos and images which would be harsh.

Can we politely request that users show some restraint in the number of animated sig items? Not to say you can't use them, just cut them down a little.

2. msr

msr LE

Or go to Settings, General Settings, Thread display options and uncheck Show Signatures...
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

True, but that's a rather sledgehammer approach which removes all sigs. As mentioned, no one has an issue with them in moderation.

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Just as long as there's no restraint on that sig bloc with the babe in a swimming pool waggling her tits, smiling and shaking her arse (under the circumstances, I failed to note the user name). Not only is it a good use of bandwidth, it's art as the civilized world understands the term.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. I agree and also if people could think some people are using work computers.
    You can title a thread NSFW but you can't prevent seeing these things unless you stop all of them.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Animated sigs I can take or leave, but Nina Bayer Sager is a ******* pedant's nightmare.
  7. Cerannuos (sp?) To tell you the truth, I could watch his sig of the luscious babe wiggling her arse for hours never mind what is written in the message block. (He could delete the Asian bint playing with the the hula hoop though.)
  8. I stopped them displaying after that half- wit **** Mr Random displayed an epilepsy inducing fit sig. block..... totally unnecessary.
  9. You leave that Asian bint alone !

Once upon a time she was THE siggibox Goddess .
    Admittedly she has been surpassed by the titshake, pert buttock raise and "come and get me, bigboy" smile.

Consider her a warmup for the main event.
  10. His sig block is never 9.8kb; how does he do it? Every time I've tried to add one, it gets rejected as "Remote file too large" or "Invalid File".
  11. msr

msr LE

I haven't seen one which I thought was clever - apart from the quotes in mine...
    • Like Like x 1
  12. My quotes are pretty good too.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Actually answered in the first post of the thread - they are not uploaded to ARRSE, but are hosted on another website and linked to from here. It still slows things down for people though unfortunately.
  14. I wouldn't know, I switched signatures off a long time ago. Mine must be quite witty and amusing though, as it was copied by more than one person.