Animated flash map of Iraq war casualties

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Rincewind, Mar 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The animation runs at ten frames per second - one frame for each day - and a single black dot indicates the geographic location that a coalition military fatality occurred. Each dot starts as a white flash and a larger red dot which fades to black over the span of 30 frames/days, and then slowly fades to grey over the span of the entire war.

2. Bleedin' hell !
  3. That's...morbidly fascinating.
  4. Er - why ???
  5. i didnt make the chuffin' thing.

why not?

remove all the ticks and add in the uK one and it shows you how many and when we lost our boys.

6. Now thats a little unnerving. Baghdad is obviously the place not to be! Well all things considerd, Iraq as a whole would be the place not to be. I count everyday as a bonus, since coming back from Telic.
  7. could anyone explain to me why a number of soldiers were killed in kuwait?
  8. how can you tel if it was the americans that killed us or the iraqies
  9. how can you tel if it was the americans that killed us or the iraqies
  10. Just as valid, no?

Death due to accident while supporting those on the front line?

Rest easy. Good men and women everyone.

Beebs x
  11. Couldn't agree more with you Beebs. The media harp on about the deaths related to the combat fatalities, but what about those thousands injured and the fatalities from accidents? I reckon the media like the Washington Post needs to be more overt about the true toll.
  12. horrible to watch, but people need to see it. RIP guys
  13. We hear mainly about UK and US casualties, but does anyone know any info about casualties to the other nations troops out there? dutch, italian etc?
  14. Try here...

Can only echo bbc's earlier comment