"Animals replace humans in London"

Oh look. Yet another anti-London thread. We must have as many of these now, as we have brexit threads. :)

soleil

War Hero
Tourism In Japan Plagued By The Coronavirus OutbreakNARA, JAPAN - MARCH 12: A sika deer crosses a road on March 12, 2020 in Nara, Japan. Like a number of tourist hotspots around the country, Nara, a popular ancient city where free-roaming deer are an attraction for tourists, has seen a decline in visitor numbers in recent weeks amid concern over the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19). Some groups of deer have begun roaming in the city's residential area due to shortage of food partially fed from tourists according to media reports. (Photo by Tomohiro Ohsumi/Getty Images)

Morning @Spank-it,
1) Technosaur this end(don't know how). Now i know it catches the eye, I think I'll leave it.
2) Have a :) for this also.

p.s. How do you do the big smiley thing?
1585164596355.png

I downloaded a bunch of emoji images from google to my laptop resized them in {free} Faststone Image viewer to 90x90 then just copy & paste into the reply box when needed.

wheel

LE
That's nothing new, where I used to live in east london, adjacent to a section of Epping forest called wanstead flats, cows and the occasional horse regularly wandered into the adjacent streets, and it was not unusual to find them in front gardens, and relatives living in Woodford green, even further north east, got deer in the streets. The same around Richmond park.
That as over 50 year ago you throbber.

I saw two deer on Monday.

Admittedly that was on Barossa training area and not in London (although it does fall under Deanol's definition of London, being east of Southampton and south of Watford, the massive ******* bellend).
Saddleback or Deer Rock?

Point 406? (Shudder.....)

Deer Rock, obvs....

Saddleback or Deer Rock?

Point 406? (Shudder.....)

Deer Rock, obvs....
Don't know 406. It was actually on the track back from Lower Star point (Swinley Forest) due south before crossing Wishmoor.

Don't know 406. It was actually on the track back from Lower Star point (Swinley Forest) due south before crossing Wishmoor.
Aaaaah....

Not a Rowallan prisoner then....

Nope, never-served civvy gobshite. I did grow up about 10 minutes walk away from the area though.
OK, in your hour of exercise, and at around 0400hrs, take the contents of your bedroom and carry it to a point halfway between the RMAS back gate and Lower Star Post. Lay it out properly and await inspection. When nobody turns up after an hour pack it up and return to the Academy in time to be beasted further.

Be prepared to be told you have utterly, utterly failed on your return and that until you kill your mother for a place on SMC you are totally worthless.

A lesson I both loved and hated in retrospect - but take it as a life lesson that cannot be given today.

Thankfully.

Does that mean photos of cat island in Japan will start being used with panicky headlines that cats are taking over the world
There was a documentary programme which portrayed a scenario in which mankind had disappeared overnight. The reason why was unexplained- it was an irrelevance- it then charted the gradual decay and disappearance of our infrastructure over 25,000 years.
IIRC the last scene was of a skeletal reinforced concrete tower block, overgrown and inhabited by thousands of cats.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
There was a documentary programme which portrayed a scenario in which mankind had disappeared overnight. The reason why was unexplained- it was an irrelevance- it then charted the gradual decay and disappearance of our infrastructure over 25,000 years.
IIRC the last scene was of a skeletal reinforced concrete tower block, overgrown and inhabited by thousands of cats.

An enthralling, compelling series.

Issi

War Hero
Well today for example, they've been spotted going to church

View attachment 459618
Has anybody else noticed that these appear to be some kind of mountain goat, and not regular sheep?

I strongly suspect that this picture is as gen, as the first post featuring deer in 'London', despite the Japanese street signs and, er, Japanese pedestrians.

bedended

War Hero
Has anybody else noticed that these appear to be some kind of mountain goat, and not regular sheep?

I strongly suspect that this picture is as gen, as the first post featuring deer in 'London', despite the Japanese street signs and, er, Japanese pedestrians.
Morning @Issi,
There's 'exotic' Kashmiri goats in Llandudno who amble everywhere with impunity.

E2a: As you can see they are very intelligent. They use the crossing to get to school...then join a fine regiment.

Attachments

Last edited:

holyphuc

Old-Salt
40 commando at Norton manor used to have a tame red deer in the woods, a great big fat bugger that would come up a give you a shove with its head demanding food, it disappeared after a while, probably shagged to death and eaten by a bootie

Latest Threads