Angle grinders - they bite

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
That’s the Triumph left alone for a bit, SWMBO has banned me playing with my toy.

7B2C5EC7-56E6-4B56-B7E3-60569663514C.jpeg

Camm1

LE
A few months ago, being a daft cnut,I decided to fit a TCT saw blade to an angle grinder to chop some small branches up. It 'bit' in the wood and flicked out towards my left hand just catching my index finger. Made a bit of a mess but i was soooo lucky i didn't loose my fingers.
Do not try this.

As already said, take that as a warning - you're lucky it was a glance and not a cut.

When using handheld cutting tools, I always think about where the dangerous bit will go if I drop it or it slips or kicks out. This is then the 'no go' area and I make sure no part of me is inside it.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
Certainly ‘lessons learned’, good job it was the 4 1/2” one, not the 9” beast.

A few months ago, being a daft cnut,I decided to fit a TCT saw blade to an angle grinder to chop some small branches up. It 'bit' in the wood and flicked out towards my left hand just catching my index finger. Made a bit of a mess but i was soooo lucky i didn't loose my fingers.
Do not try this.
Years ago did something similar using an electric drill to cut some fence posts, it worked well for a while but was chucking wood chips and sawdust about so I put a visor on. Then the blade bit and kicked back towards my face, split the visor and luckily not my face.

Camm1

LE
Years ago did something similar using an electric drill to cut some fence posts, it worked well for a while but was chucking wood chips and sawdust about so I put a visor on. Then the blade bit and kicked back towards my face, split the visor and luckily not my face.
There was a strange smell of sulphur just after it occurred. .....and shite.

Certainly ‘lessons learned’, good job it was the 4 1/2” one, not the 9” beast.

Get well soon mate.

Looks a bit similar to a mate who was a farmer who had an accident, and lucky he kept stuff nice and sharp (very sharp knowing him). Clean cut and tidied up well.

Stay safe!

Very wise, when I took up wood turning I looked at many a video and read books, after buying all the machines and tools the next thing I got before I even turned on the lathe was a face shield and masks. I’ve since got a powered face shield which stops steaming up and stops me breathing any dust in.
As I read somewhere, just remember you’re down to your last set of eyes.

Hairy-boab

War Hero
I was once holding a fence post as somebody hit it with a sledgehammer, directly opposite me.

Some deep instinct told me this was a bad idea, so I move to 90 °. On the next blow, the head of the ancient sledgehammer flew off...

Power tools. Be careful.

If it makes you feel better, I chopped the end off my thumb with a bench grinder. Not funny. Also had a VW Beetle fall on me, likewise a Talbot Samba and a Porsche 911, which is just a big VW Beetle.

Volvo 343 tried to kill me when the battery exploded.

My cousin's Golf R went on fire WHILE PARKED. Mrs S.D., all 5 foot 1 of her put it out with the fire extinguisher from her Focus. NOTE: doesn't specifically say "Great for burning Volkswagens"

Peugeot 406: I set my clothes on fire. Stupid bloody place to put a screenwash reservoir.

Rover 25, an excellent car. Changed fuel filter. "I call that done, let's have a cigarette." I went afire, thankfully the car did not.

Specific to grinders, my mate's opposite garage (no longer in business) had a bin fire to end all bin fires. Spark from an angle grinder set fire to the plastic bin, which was full of oily blue roll.

Hope you're better soon. Ouch!

Power tools. Be careful.

If it makes you feel better, I chopped the end off my thumb with a bench grinder. Not funny. Also had a VW Beetle fall on me, likewise a Talbot Samba and a Porsche 911, which is just a big VW Beetle.

Volvo 343 tried to kill me when the battery exploded.

My cousin's Golf R went on fire WHILE PARKED. Mrs S.D., all 5 foot 1 of her put it out with the fire extinguisher from her Focus. NOTE: doesn't specifically say "Great for burning Volkswagens"

Peugeot 406: I set my clothes on fire. Stupid bloody place to put a screenwash reservoir.

Rover 25, an excellent car. Changed fuel filter. "I call that done, let's have a cigarette." I went afire, thankfully the car did not.

Specific to grinders, my mate's opposite garage (no longer in business) had a bin fire to end all bin fires. Spark from an angle grinder set fire to the plastic bin, which was full of oily blue roll.

Hope you're better soon. Ouch!
What’s your insurance premiums now then:???:

Latest Threads