Anger as Shankill bomber is released

One of the most notorious IRA killers of the Northern Ireland troubles was released from prison last night in a move designed to appease republicans on the eve of an expected statement from the terrorist groups.

Sean Kelly, the Shankill bomber who killed nine innocent people in 1993 when he blew up a fishmongers, walked out of prison as the horse-trading leading up to the IRA statement began in earnest.

Kelly's original sentence had been cut short when he was one of the prisoners released on licence as part of the 1998 Good Friday Agreement.

Last month, he was re-arrested on the orders of Peter Hain, the Northern Ireland Secretary, because it was suspected that he had become involved in terrorism once more.

His incarceration angered republicans, who have campaigned for him to be set free while the British and Irish Governments waited for the IRA's response to Gerry Adams's call for an end to the armed struggle.

But the release, which appeared to have taken place without being referred to the Sentence Review Commission, outraged unionists who claimed that it had been choreographed to pave the way for the IRA's declaration, expected today.
Just for posterity may i quote one Mr Tony Blair

Tony Blair said
We will not "give an inch to terrorism"
Has anyone else notice how there seem to have been a lot of coincidences occuring in Ni over the last week?

Blair Plays down their terrorist attoricites
Adams, McGuiness and the other guy let slip that they have left the IRA council (despite them never being in the IRA :wink: )
The IRA say that they are planning to disarm (how many times have we heard that?)
McGuiness travels to the US for a high level political discussion to garner support for the boyos
Sean kelly released early and without setence review despite breaking his curfew more than once

Just remeber this government don't negotiate with terrorists!

[c]telegraph

I rather think that Agent_Smith's post probably covers it all.

"We will not give an inch to terrorism"

"The cheque is in the Post"

" I promise that I won't come in your mouth"

"Cherie will always toe the government line"

etc.

Good Post. I'd love to see a jorno at one of his press conferences make this point and see how much bullsh1t he would spout trying to get out of it.

I thought Mcguiness had been banned from the USA, obviously not
Cheers america for your anti terrorist stance

Ref. Shankill bomber
Did you see that slimey Bas****d's grin when he walked free
A candidate for a lead capsule if I ever saw one

This kind of thing makes me sick.

Years of hard work catching these Fatherless's whom kill and maime with out a second thought, get let off for the GFPA. I am really sure the victims families are happy about this.

Lets kill loads of innocents then let them out after a few years!!

Makes you wonder was all the hard work, late nights, and putting up with being in crap conditions actually worth it!!

Just another crap thing the govenment has done!

Sabre said:
This kind of thing makes me sick.

Years of hard work catching these Fatherless's whom kill and maime with out a second thought, get let off for the GFPA. I am really sure the victims families are happy about this.
Me too Sabre!

Latest Threads