Angela Rayner PM?

I don’t think the PCC is the local MP, but she was the Labour candidate for the post.
She's a former Labour Councillor and totally above board. From wiki
"At the 2021 local elections, Labour's Joy Allen was elected as the police and crime commissioner and her friend, Nigel Bryson, was appointed as her deputy. Durham has never before had a deputy police and crime commissioner. Bryson's appointment sparks claims of 'nepotism' and a member of the Police and Crime Panel suggested it was a 'job for the boys'.[3]"
Has she said she'd resign yet?

Truxx

LE
The number of times he's had COVID makes him the unluckiest bloke on the planet! And lends itself to the supposition that he broke the rules quite a lot more than the press have considered.
You hit a rather large nail on the head.

Either he and those around him consistently flouted the rules, or else the rules were useless.

A caller to TalkRadio earlier this afternoon said that the Durham police PCC is also the local Labour MP.

I was too lazy to check that out, but if true it could seem a bit biased.

This is the Durham police crime commissioner:

2a.jpg

Slime

LE
This is the Durham police crime commissioner:

View attachment 661843

Ah, a personal, and in person blessing from SKS, and there was me cynically thinking she might be in debt to him.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
As far as I am aware the PCC has no influence on operational police decisions. I suspect the Chief Constable would kick off big time if the PCC tried to except improper influence.

green_slime

War Hero
Very carefully chosen words. Durham cops have already stated they don't do retrospective FPN. So if hindsight had said he'd go if it was found he should have received an FPN I'd have been more impressed. But he didn't so he won't.
how else do you investigate any thing, FNP or crime, if not retrospectively? Do they operate some sort of Minority Report concept in Durham?

As far as I am aware the PCC has no influence on operational police decisions. I suspect the Chief Constable would kick off big time if the PCC tried to except improper influence.

Depends if they've been through Common Purpose training surely, leading beyond authority is more than a game for some

I have been surprised to hear a good few journalists talking about her over the last 24+ hours.
The same journalists who have for the last few years been saying how forensic or statesmanlike SKS is are now saying they like Rayner, and that she is friendly, funny and someone who you get what you see with.
I'll wager you are upwind.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Very carefully chosen words. Durham cops have already stated they don't do retrospective FPN. So if hindsight had said he'd go if it was found he should have received an FPN I'd have been more impressed. But he didn't so he won't.
My bold, how do you get a FPN before you've done something to warrant one?

how else do you investigate any thing, FNP or crime, if not retrospectively? Do they operate some sort of Minority Report concept in Durham?
The Met Police issued Boris with one...retrospectively ? Infact all the FPN issued over 'partygate' have been retrospective.

My bold, how do you get a FPN before you've done something to warrant one?
Simply put.
If they catch you in the act they "may" give you a fixed penalty notice.
If someone reports you later they may investigate it, but won't issue you a FPN even if the circumstances would have warrented it at the time.
At least that was the case until hindsight pushed it too far. They may now be in the position to have no choice.

Simply put.
If they catch you in the act they "may" give you a fixed penalty notice.
If someone reports you later they may investigate it, but won't issue you a FPN even if the circumstances would have warrented it at the time.
At least that was the case until hindsight pushed it too far. They may now be in the position to have no choice.

I'll settle for a categoric 'guilty' statement from the Police and no fine or FPN - yes, Starmer won't need to resign but everyone will know he was guilty and a steaming hypocrite whilst he then won't be able to use it against BoJo - stalemate!

both guilty but both solder on with neither having the upper hand against each other - and then perhaps, we can put all of this bollocks behind us and concentrate on REAL issues!

Latest Threads