Angela Rayner PM?

I have been surprised to hear a good few journalists talking about her over the last 24+ hours.
The same journalists who have for the last few years been saying how forensic or statesmanlike SKS is are now saying they like Rayner, and that she is friendly, funny and someone who you get what you see with.

Ignorance & idiocy?

What’s all this ‘both sides’ business? :)
Ed Davey has been making pious statements today saying SKS would need to resign if handed a FPN.

I’m kind of hoping for Davey to get caught out too now :)

Davey the hypocrite has already been exposed last year

Spouted his Green credentials at the same time was taking money for years from an Executive Jet company

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
The number of times he's had COVID makes him the unluckiest bloke on the planet! And lends itself to the supposition that he broke the rules quite a lot more than the press have considered.
Litha said that beer and currry is SOPs for SKS’s visits. They do the same thing every time. If that’s the case there must be many more events worthy of scrutiny.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Litha said that beer and currry is SOPs for SKS’s visits. They do the same thing every time. If that’s the case there must be many more events worthy of scrutiny.
It would be rather remarkable, in light of the memo, if it were indeed the only incident.

Not as baaaaad as the Tories' 'constant' partying, though. Just because Tories.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
It would be rather remarkable, in light of the memo, if it were indeed the only incident.

Not as baaaaad as the Tories' 'constant' partying, though. Just because Tories.
Twitter has released a document about a party in London booked for 40 people on 17/12/20 whist in Tier 2 that was going to be socially distanced into groups of 6 (!), but got cancelled on 15/12/20 due to looking at going into tier 3.

1652106332291.png

1652106380870.png

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

I predict that Major Biffchit will be found to have broken the rules but will not be fined and given a warning instead.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
SKS has just been on the radio saying he'll resign if he gets a Penalty Notice. I think it was also said the fragrant Angela would do the same, not sure if I heard that bit right.
About Angeluh being fragrant or resigning?

It's just been on BBC news. Both will go if they are fined. Either a massive gamble or he knows it won't happen.

you have to admit the left certainly knows how to influence police investigations!

- he/they/left wing media moon howled and put massive pressure on the Met Police to investigate Cake gate and to get Bojo/Sunak fined and now he/they are doing the same tactic with Durham Police but, this time, in an attempt to pressure them not to charge/fine him/them

very astute - if he gets fined he resigns and the pressure switches back to Boris and if he doesn't, it will still switch back to Boris - Boris and the Tories are absolutely clueless at fighting dirty and just constantly bend over and take it up the hoop

Hypothetically.
Boris should spend the next couple of days getting his ducks in a row and garnering maximum support from the Parliamentary Party.
Then he can call Starmer (assuming Keir is awarded an FPN and keeps his word), put his papers in, and be re-elected as Leader and PM asap.

It's just been on BBC news. Both will go if they are fined. Either a massive gamble or he knows it won't happen.
Very carefully chosen words. Durham cops have already stated they don't do retrospective FPN. So if hindsight had said he'd go if it was found he should have received an FPN I'd have been more impressed. But he didn't so he won't.

Slime

LE
A caller to TalkRadio earlier this afternoon said that the Durham police PCC is also the local Labour MP.

I was too lazy to check that out, but if true it could seem a bit biased.

A caller to TalkRadio earlier this afternoon said that the Durham police PCC is also the local Labour MP.

I was too lazy to check that out, but if true it could seem a bit biased.
Not sure if the PCC is the MP, but she was troughing curry with Mr Forensic on the night in question

If he got fined, he would have to go anyway (after chopsing off about Boris).

If he doesn't get fined, he shows it was plot by the right-wing press.
If he does get fined and leaves, he shows that he has integrity.
Nothing to lose either way, by grandstanding.

Latest Threads