Angela Rayner PM?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
A whole string of them perhaps ? all in a nice straight line .
To include Whitechapel , Mile End , Stratford , East Ham , Beckton , Barking and with a minor detour to Ilford South .
Other targets to follow .
Didn't work out too well for the Luftwaffe the last time that was tried...

Londo

LE
Didn't work out too well for the Luftwaffe the last time that was tried...
Oh! I don't know . They caused enough damage at the time .

exbluejob

LE
Book Reviewer
FFS! With things going on in Ukraine, rising inflation, energy prices rising like a balloon etc. is this really the best that labour can come up? All this fuss in parliament about a bloody birthday cake!!!!

Slime

LE
FFS! With things going on in Ukraine, rising inflation, energy prices rising like a balloon etc. is this really the best that labour can come up? All this fuss in parliament about a bloody birthday cake!!!!

As per an earlier post, it was also the lead story in the 1pm TalkRadio news, and came before what Boris said.

It‘s just as well she is all above board, and isn’t doing anything sleazy in her private life ;)

Last edited:

Calimero

Clanker
I always chuckle to my self when “Sleaze” is mentioned, John Profumo must be pissing himself with laughter!

ACAB

LE
I have no idea . All I know is house prices are in my opinion four times what they should be and that reflects in the rental market and social housing too .
One of the reasons for this is ... Far too many people in the country . Plus a bit of greed of course .
Ah, we have a winner....................

I have no idea . All I know is house prices are in my opinion four times what they should be and that reflects in the rental market and social housing too .
One of the reasons for this is ... Far too many people in the country . Plus a bit of greed of course .
Affordable housing in my opinion means a young married couple with two young kids should be able to afford a 2/3 bed terrace with him working full time say for example as a factory worker and her working part time due to looking after the kids, based on that said terrace should be £60k-£80k .

Affordable housing in my opinion means a young married couple with two young kids should be able to afford a 2/3 bed terrace with him working full time say for example as a factory worker and her working part time due to looking after the kids, based on that said terrace should be £60k-£80k .

Maybe if they didnt have have kids they might be about to afford more housing.
House prices shouldnt be linked to people personal choice of living.

Londo

LE
That would be about right if we didn't have a huge housing shortage and the way the population is rising we always will have a shortage .
Building more housing will be unable to keep pace .

yep totally agree ...................... now , let's all take a pay reduction to what we were earning in 1990

Londo

LE
yep totally agree ...................... now , let's all take a pay reduction to what we were earning in 1990
Speak to a lot of people that were at the lower end of the pay scale in those days and their spending power is little more now than it was then .
The only reason they can get through life is with credit .
Life should not be like that .

Speak to a lot of people that were at the lower end of the pay scale in those days and their spending power is little more now than it was then .

Bollocks, for the majority the only reason they get through life with credit is because they make stupid choices.

Londo

LE
Bollocks, for the majority the only reason they get through life with credit is because they make stupid choices.
There are many that do make stupid choices . There are also many others that in real terms are earning less than they were 20+ years ago .
Mainly due to the minimum wage being brought in which then in a lot of jobs became the going rate and skilled workers earning a bit more being undercut by those invited into the country .
Speaking to someone the other week who claimed to be earning £15 per hour tractor driving in the 90's and a couple of years ago before he retired was only getting £12 an hour .

I was on the lower end of the pay scale in 1993
unemployed after just leaving the army mortgage to pay two teenage kids living at home , and the biggest bug bear , I had my pension to fall back on , so I couldn't even claim free anusol on prescription for my piles

we seemed to manage on about £45 a week............................f ucker along the road hadn't had a job since they closed Dundee dockyard , and that closed in 1973 the year me and Doris got married, obviously had highers in benefit scrounging

and I went job training to try and sort things out, eventually getting a driving job , then spannering , then driving again all on shit wages finally got a pretty decent job as civ ftr at Leuchars for about £140 /week , but had £20 arrested for a year then £10 for a second year to pay back tax from a failed business so I won't be lectured on living on little money........... you cut your cloth according to your pocket, and yes , we did use a credit card ....we paid up front for a couple of holidays ,a nd cleared our debt as soon as we could ... she had shit jobs as well........................ and when wages went up annually and we could have reduced the mortgage due to inrterest rates falling we kept the payments the same , or increased them, eventually knocked 5 years off it

Me and her actually did manage to take a decent holiday though, she was doing HNC business admin , and she took a student loan to pay for it....which never got paid back as she never earned enough , but there was always the chance the government of the day could change and force it paid back
that two weeks self catering in Crete got me out of the clinical depression I was suffering (ever had clinical depression , not a mental thing, just your body fighting itself all the time sleeplessness , ....... just basically shit, and that two weeks in the sun sorted things out , but it was a long slow journey, and although I had the pills that could help I rarely used them, apart from the fact I had to pay for the prescription , which just pushed me further down

I will add , I never had a well paid job since demob , ask any civil servant at the coal face

There are many that do make stupid choices . There are also many others that in real terms are earning less than they were 20+ years ago .
Mainly due to the minimum wage being brought in which then in a lot of jobs became the going rate and skilled workers earning a bit more being undercut by those invited into the country .
Speaking to someone the other week who claimed to be earning £15 per hour tractor driving in the 90's and a couple of years ago before he retired was only getting £12 an hour .

Live within your means and move to chase work/cheaper housing.
Not have kids and expect a cheap house.

I know some people find it hard and it's shit when wages are low, but they need to get off their arse and do something about it.

I also use this example, why has the army struggled to recruit nearly every year for the last 30 years? Regular pay, subsidised House, opportunity for buying and renting your own house. Yet people didn't take it.

Londo

LE
I was on the lower end of the pay scale in 1993
unemployed after just leaving the army mortgage to pay two teenage kids living at home , and the biggest bug bear , I had my pension to fall back on , so I couldn't even claim free anusol on prescription for my piles

we seemed to manage on about £45 a week............................f ucker along the road hadn't had a job since they closed Dundee dockyard , and that closed in 1973 the year me and Doris got married, obviously had highers in benefit scrounging

and I went job training to try and sort things out, eventually getting a driving job , then spannering , then driving again all on shit wages finally got a pretty decent job as civ ftr at Leuchars for about £140 /week , but had £20 arrested for a year then £10 for a second year to pay back tax from a failed business so I won't be lectured on living on little money........... you cut your cloth according to your pocket, and yes , we did use a credit card ....we paid up front for a couple of holidays ,a nd cleared our debt as soon as we could ... she had shit jobs as well........................ and when wages went up annually and we could have reduced the mortgage due to inrterest rates falling we kept the payments the same , or increased them, eventually knocked 5 years off it

Me and her actually did manage to take a decent holiday though, she was doing HNC business admin , and she took a student loan to pay for it....which never got paid back as she never earned enough , but there was always the chance the government of the day could change and force it paid back
that two weeks self catering in Crete got me out of the clinical depression I was suffering (ever had clinical depression , not a mental thing, just your body fighting itself all the time sleeplessness , ....... just basically shit, and that two weeks in the sun sorted things out , but it was a long slow journey, and although I had the pills that could help I rarely used them, apart from the fact I had to pay for the prescription , which just pushed me further down

I will add , I never had a well paid job since demob , ask any civil servant at the coal face
Glad things gradually got better for you and hope you are in a far better place than those early days. I suspect most of us on here had to struggle for years to get where they are now .
Just to add , nothing wrong with a credit card to help through a bad patch or buy the odd treat like the occasional holiday so long as it's payed off and not like many do is getting further and further into debt .

Glad things gradually got better for you and hope you are in a far better place than those early days. I suspect most of us on here had to struggle for years to get where they are now .
Just to add , nothing wrong with a credit card to help through a bad patch or buy the odd treat like the occasional holiday so long as it's payed off and not like many do is getting further and further into debt .

Yes there is and it that type of thing that gets people in the shit, if you want a holiday save up for it, it will work out cheaper and you will have less stress.

Latest Threads